Views: 4399|Replies: 9

Why Chinese young people don't save money [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2019-4-30 10:39:33 |Display all floors
There is a trend that younger Chinese have begun to buy more and save less. According to a report recently released by some agency, for the young generation under the age of 35, 56 percent haven't started saving money and the rest 44 percent who have save only 1389 yuan per month. Is saving a virtue that should be valued by Chinese people?
中新社记者 洪少葵 摄">  

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2019-4-30 10:56:53 |Display all floors
We thought the Chinese are the world's greatest savers! Obviously that is not the case anymore!

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2019-4-30 12:12:46 |Display all floors
Please be extremely careful of becoming cash-strapped when hitting the thirties.  If in debt by then owing to heavy spending and insufficient cash-flow, for that matter risk of income source loss, then the effect will not just be on oneself but also one's own ones. Life is about trundling one's own baggage across long distances.

If can afford comfortably after considering the above, go ahead and help spur the local economy. But if cannot afford after waking up to the above, remember the old adage:

"What you can't really afford you shouldn't be needing."

Simplify life to as few of needs as possible and save enough for contingencies and emergencies. After all, one never knows when they will come a-calling.

Internalize happiness towards being wise about the way of the world instead.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2019-5-3 12:57:37 |Display all floors
Here's a good reason why they don't save;  they, as typical Chinese, need to have 'face', ie must show-off their expensive cars, designer clothes etc , hence they shop and shop till they drop, even using credit cards when they run out of cash!

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2019-5-3 13:37:21 |Display all floors
It is silly to be destroyed by success.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2019-5-3 21:26:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2019-5-4 10:21


Did you read it in the "sun"
[size=28.4987px]


if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2019-5-4 09:57:19 |Display all floors
Definitely the old had not taught the young the right values.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.