Views: 3604|Replies: 1

Xi encourages U.S. students to promote bilateral friendship [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-4-22 14:06:11 |Display all floors
(CGTN)"I hope you will make the best of your time, study hard and contribute your part to a deeper friendship between the people of our two countries," Chinese President Xi Jinping wrote in a reply letter to students at Niles North High School (NNHS), a public four-year high school located in Illinois in the United States.

Over 40 students studying Mandarin at the school had penned a letter to Xi and asked the Chinese president about his job, his favorite foods and hobbies, and  opinions of America.

The students expressed their interest in Chinese language, music, and food, and said they wanted to visit China one day.

"You are the future of China-U.S. friendship, and welcome to China," Xi wrote, noting that his job is to serve the people.

"I keep a deep interest in philosophy, history, literature, culture, music, and sports," Xi wrote in the letter. "I acquired many of these interests back in middle school and they have stayed with me until today."

The Chinese president wrote that he visited the U.S. many times and is impressed with the beautiful landscape, hospitable people and diverse culture.

Receiving Xi's reply to their letter, students were excited and encouraged.

They said they believed that Xi's letter will encourage more U.S. students to learn Chinese language, understand China and make contributions to the friendship between the two countries.

The NNHS opened in 1964 and currently has over 2,000 students. It introduced Chinese courses in 2008 and pays high attention to international communication and foreign languages learning.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-26 13:37:32 |Display all floors
Chinese need to think of how to remove communication barriers if bilateral relationships are to improve. Its not one sided, but initiative from China first will be better because its a skill to be acquired. Can be applied to almost anyone, not just with the Americans. It is always a question of sending appealing messages to shape mindsets out to the Americans. Of paramount importance is the elimination of America's superiority complex and the you-me differentiation.

Of course relationship building is not confined to just America. more important it is with China's immediate neighbors. Don't rush things.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.