Views: 13835|Replies: 5

Does China need revolution on expressing method [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-2-8 18:09:13 |Display all floors
With the rapid development of Chinese economy, more and more China-made industrial products have reached every corner of the Globe. But as a teacher I often feel ashamed for that few of our TV dramas or movies or novels can win the heart of foreign friends. I seems that something is wrong with our 'traditional' expressing style that is quite different from foreign one and hard to recognized abroad. Badly influenced by the Great Cultural Revolution too many articles go in a strange way which are 'false, big and empty”! Foreign dictionary can explain each concept in a detailed way while ours can not! -----------There are millions of English words and each of them has a wonderful story for self-introduction to children that is ideal environment for learning! Foreign texts go with clear image elements which are quite logical for the growth of your intelligence! ---------All tell us that our culture products do not meet the international standard although we are proud of our splendid ancient civilization

Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-8 18:47:54 |Display all floors
Our trains have raised the speed by two times. But the ‘soldiers’ in culture fields still walk in old pace! Too many TV shows boast how talent some little children are on ancient-poem-or-novel reciting which signal wrong signal to parents and kids to focus all energy on memorizing instead of independent thinking with their own head!
Our children do repeating sums like calculator who often copy the same Chinese character for dozens of times in order to print it onto the brain without vivid story about it! The poor students compete with each other more on memorizing ability rather than innovation!
A revolution-change on the working style is needed in the culture-education fields that means a lot for the present and future of our nation!
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-8 20:46:31 |Display all floors
For correction:
' I seems that something is wrong with our 'traditional' expressing style that is quite different from foreign one and hard to recognized abroad.'----------
It seems that something is wrong with our 'traditional' expressing style that is quite different from foreign one and hard to (be) recognized abroad.

Sorry for the careless on the low-level mistake! I dare not directly make re-editing in fear of lossing all of the thread!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-8 21:50:53 |Display all floors
China has one ancient book named <The Art of War> from which I deeply understand that different fighting methods determine your victory or failure in the battle! In this sense working style acts as the secret weapon in the world culture battle-ground! It seems that foreigners do thinking in a neat way with a closed look at some real object while Chinese always describe things like a landscape painting without digital clear-ness! We have wasted terrible time and energy for our shabby behavior on thinking which is hard for you to notice if you have no enough study on foreign language! (Please permit me say so in such rude manner!)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-9 10:31:35 |Display all floors
                                                    Repeating acts like drug in China

Repeating has been heroine-like drug for so long in China!  Grandfather told me: “In the class the teacher always hold a stick with which he might punish you through a bitter hitting when you failed to recite the classical text. All children were asked to re-tell the model article without one-word-error. It is said good students can repeat some text in reverse order! In special case, Tom could tell out a certain sentence appearing in what line and what page of the book!” Sometimes the master beat that naughty pupil to half death. It reminds me what happened even to me (SEARU) when I was Grade Two: That rude teacher whipped me on the head with a long bamboo-branch leaving it was going to bleeding! I had to keep silence with tears in the eyes!  What made the things worse was that parents were ready to allow the teacher to be hard on poor children! (In fact they thought it was right to be strict with little kids on lessons!)  This is bad tradition for Chinese to worship powerful memory more rather than independent thinking!  In foreign countries people enjoy communicate with each other in free words without any repeating who seldom do reciting job! Kids are encouraged to tell out the same story from the textbook in different ways through their own comprehension.
In our class students waste too time on sum-doing again and again. There are one thousand of questions are waiting for you to solve in order to 'fully understand one formula or principal’ in science book! Teachers do lecturing by repeating the textbook like recorder and students copy what on the blackboard word to word as parrot learns human language! All repeating job must be done for the serious exam to enter university! In the schooling system from the headmaster to the kids plus their parents are poisoned by the heroine-repeating!

This is ugly phenomenon in the culture area. We must have cool head on the seriousness of the problem since that is why we are poor on the productivity of thinking!  We should do all means to update modern working style and let kids think in high efficiency from early age just as what is going on abroad!  TV and newspapers can play important role for the progress! That is an urgent task for all Chinese!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-15 12:57:38 |Display all floors
KIyer 2019-2-14 11:59
you have hit upon a practical issue with communication and its style that will help China and the Chinese be better understood in the outside world - a lot of which has historically been influenced by the English/American style of communicating.

(The following is SEARU's reply:)
It is true that English has melted too many nations‘ wisdom and civilization! No matter well he does on the language, Tom only seems like a swimmer in the ocean of English!  It is important for a learner to have  nice sensing about the spirit of the powerful thinking tool and turn it into the blood for his own brain-nutrition!  That would be great success for China reform on culture if we can catch up with the advanced thinking-pace that will help us to improve work efficiency!
On one hand we will quickly understand foreign science and introduce the new findings to the kids; On the other hand, only through international thinking mode, can we clearly tell foreign friends about the splendid culture of ancient China plus our own personal understanding about reality!
(I am on a trip around the local province dealing with a special case, little chance for blog. Sorry for that!’)
Thanks for your meaningful replies! Shake hands with you!)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.