Author: tenderloin

IP Protection is a smokescreen , Sneaky US wants one thing ONLY, embarrasing    Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-2-3 16:09:14 |Display all floors
Boston101 Post time: 2019-2-2 23:23
This is the practice that must stop!

This is fake news...your own president mentions this phrase almost daily in his twitter comments.

That this is nothing different here that has not been discussed thoroughly.  It is no use trying to pretend you are deaf by turning your back towards the camera.

The U.S. criminal court system has no credible jurisdiction over Huawei by creating fake news against it now or ever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-3 22:36:19 |Display all floors
GhostBuster Post time: 2019-2-3 15:01
When US steals, not only the world is not aware but still believes US guards and protects. Now, US ...

So what technology did the US steal? And using wacko37's MO; where's the proof?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-4 02:01:28 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2019-2-3 15:38
Again you are distorting the facts out of ignorance.

The charges against Huawei stemmed from civi ...

Post #28, by wchao37:
We are talking about top-of-the-line high-tech products that America is accusing companies like Huawei are 'stealing.'  There is not one case of such accusations brought to the WTO that has been found to have any validity.  Let me repeat -- we are strictly concerned with heists in high-tech industries like chips from Qualcomm or Intel in the past and now Huawei, for those are the leading actors in determining the global economic pecking order.

Post #52 by cmknight:
The WTO deals with trade disputes between governments. Disputes concerning business to business, or government to business (and vice-versa) are dealt with using the court systems, not the WTO.

For example, Lacoste and Crocodile ... two businesses using a crocodile logo on their clothing, settled a copyright infringement case in the courts, in Shanghai. The Canadian governments longstanding Softwood lumber disputes with the United States government gets settled by WTO tribunals.

When it comes to things like trade secrets and theft of technology, those get settled in the courts, not the WTO.

Post #54 by wchao37:
Again you are distorting the facts out of ignorance.

The charges against Huawei stemmed from civil law suit cases filed several years ago, and they are now used as weapons on the first day of the trade courts by sensationalizing the nature of the cases by converting them into the U.S. criminal court system, which does not have internationally-recognized authority to try such cases in the first place.  

Distorting the facts out of ignorance? Nope, I don't think so. More like you are changing the goalposts and backpedaling. Your post #54 mentions nothing about the WTO, yet you tried to tell us that the United States' accusations were a moot point because none of the accusations had merit at the WTO, in post #28. The reason they had no merit is because cases such as this do not go to the WTO. They are handled at the judiciary levels of the countries involved. They are criminal cases, not trade disputes.

"The World Trade Organization (WTO) is the only global international organization dealing with the rules of trade between nations. At its heart are the WTO agreements, negotiated and signed by the bulk of the world’s trading nations and ratified in their parliaments. The goal is to ensure that trade flows as smoothly, predictably and freely as possible."

"Rules of Trade between Nations" Remember that. There might be a quiz later.

Oh, and just in case you think I am distorting the facts again, this website outlines what the WTO is, and does:
WTO|About the Organization
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-4 02:30:58 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2019-2-3 15:45
In that case the U.S. owes China 1 trillion trillion trillion dollars in IP theft compensation mon ...

Post #51, by cmknight:
Oh, so you're trying to tell us that IP rights differ? What part of "Intellectual Property" and "Rights" do you not understand? There is only a difference in severity of the crime. IP theft is still theft, no matter how you look at it.

Partial post #55, by wchao37:
since as you say IP rights do not differ according to time, place and enforceability

I think I'm pretty good at being able to read and comprehend English. Do you think you could point out to me where, exactly, I said that "IP rights do not differ according to time, place and enforceability"?

I'm pretty sure you yourself mentioned time, and enforceability in your post #45, when you brought up the "four great inventions of China", but I don't seem to remember actually stating that myself. Oh ... perhaps that's because I never actually DID state what you said I stated.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-4 02:35:37 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2019-2-3 16:02
So by your own quotation Huawei had shown no intent to steal anything from anybody.  It says very  ...
So by your own quotation Huawei had shown no intent to steal anything from anybody.  It says very clearly it doesn't condone such behavior.  It is their understanding that it might be normal practice in some foreign companies to do so, but not Huawei.

ummm ... no, that's not what they said at all. They said:
in some foreign countries and regions such a directive and award program may be normal and within the usual course of business.

There is a big difference between a country and a company.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-4 02:37:40 |Display all floors
By digging up a civil-court case that occurred almost 6 years ago that wasn't tried in the criminal court system back in 2013 and trying to convert it into a criminal case on the first day of the trade talks in Washington shows that the U.S. has no case because it has failed to establish a pattern of non-random, systematic behavior that establishes the intent to 'steal' anything, or else it would have been viewed as a case of criminal act a long time ago.

But, when China digs up stuff out of the past, and uses it to justify its actions, that's ok?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-4 02:39:40 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2019-2-3 16:09
This is fake news...your own president mentions this phrase almost daily in his twitter comments.

How would you know, since Twitter is blocked in China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.