Author: parcher

Broken Britain [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2019-5-6 14:55:30 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2019-5-6 14:42
parcher loves his country and it shows.

i dont like what its becoming......
how lucky we are to be living in china
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-6 16:08:25 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2019-5-6 14:55

Nevertheless you are still a patriot, or else you wouldn't have cared so much about what's going on.  

There is no conflict of interest here.

You care about the ordinary Britons living under the present circumstances, and I say that itself is commendable.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2019-5-6 16:54:36 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2019-5-6 16:08
Nevertheless you are still a patriot, or else you wouldn't have cared so much about what's going o ...

ok
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-6 16:58:33 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2019-5-6 16:54
ok

Yes, that's commendable.

I understand you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-6 17:58:43 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2019-5-6 14:19
If HK starts going the same way, i am sure the mainland will step in.....

That's what the 5 eyes are waiting for...

However, remember Italy, President Sergio Mattarella has dissolved parliament...

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong instructed the president to dissolve parliament in S-pore...

So did Canada in 2008 and 2011...

UK did so in 2010...

There is no reason why a Dissolution of Parliament could not take place in H.K.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2019-5-7 17:53:58 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2019-5-6 14:55

Hey Parch, it's endless isn't it? every day I read more dreadful stories about crime in the UK.
I feel so much more at ease when I am in China and even Spain.  

What deterrent is there with sentences dished out in UK courts, when you see what punishments China and Spain dish out we can see why criminals couldn't care less in UK so many get bail and never turn up at court for a start.

I can't really comment on other countries sentencing as I've paid little interest in them.

It's changed so much since I was a lad

As you say 'Great' Britain is now 'Broken' Britain

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2019-5-7 18:39:41 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2019-5-7 17:53
Hey Parch, it's endless isn't it? every day I read more dreadful stories about crime in the UK.
I ...

well one of the benefits from brexit was no more interference from brussels when dishing out sentences to foreign crims, but that looks miles away now. We know how countries like china would deal with this problem, and that would be to hit them.so hard, they would not be able to get back up....the good old fashioned way of dealing with crims

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.