Author: ceciliazhang

Resume of five-year-old goes viral in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-11-6 15:13:56 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-11-5 14:39
Sometimes I don't understand the orientation of CGTN at all.

Is it supposed to attract foreigners t ...

re:  "Maybe CGTN should have a program called "All Chinese Should Be English Savvy by Age Five."

Hmm, makes me wonder why does Trump let his grandchildren learn Mandarin if he's against China?

As we all know by now, US President Donald Trump proudly showed off a video of his granddaughter Arabella singing in Mandarin and reciting classical Chinese poetry during his first official visit to China.
Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner have three children and hired a Mandarin-speaking nanny to help bring the language to their home...

Some 13% of UK state schools offered Chinese in 2015-16 (and 46% of independent schools). An increasing number of students of diverse linguistic backgrounds are learning Chinese...

Prince William and Kate Middleton the royal couple have three children. Their oldest son, Prince George, 4, began his first day of school at Thomas' Battersea in London. The school will teach Prince George Mandarin.

Luckily, Formosan's don't need to do so...  

Billionaires and royals are rushing to teach their kids Mandarin...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-6 17:05:16 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2018-11-11 03:28

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-8 12:20:19 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2018-11-6 15:13
re:  "Maybe CGTN should have a program called "All Chinese Should Be English Savvy by Age Five."

No surprise at all, those in the West know too well that their children's future lies in the East, in China; they can't afford to not learn China's national language if they want to move forward!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-8 12:31:10 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-11-5 14:39
Sometimes I don't understand the orientation of CGTN at all.

Is it supposed to attract foreigners t ...

CGTN's local anchors are very rude, they think nothing of interrupting their guest speakers right in their track, to put in their own opinion.  The Chinese anchors have an agenda, to promote their nation's viewpoints, using foreigners as props!  It is so obvious, they keep pushing their local viewpoints, even interrupting their guest speakers. CGTN America broadcasting from Washington is better, their US anchors are professional and polite!  The Chinese anchors have lots to learn from their American colleagues who have a much longer history of presentation and anchoring.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-11-8 12:32:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2018-11-8 12:32

Anybody that sends me a 15 page resume will get dumped in the bin...
Do you think employers have the time to read all of that? Advice/ get all of your important information like skills, experience, goals, achievements on the front page. i dont care if you like to go fishing at the weekends
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-8 12:53:03 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2018-11-8 12:32
Anybody that sends me a 15 page resume will get dumped in the bin...
Do you think employers have the ...

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-11-8 14:31:11 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2018-11-6 15:13

Not surprised. Mandarin is the new kid on the block. Finding teachers though will not be so easy in the uk. Great career move for kids, as they can teach it later.
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.