Author: ceciliazhang

What can we do to protect bus drivers from attack?   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-11-5 16:00:49 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-11-5 12:04
If I were driving that bus, I wouldn't be trying to teach anybody a lesson by plunging it into a r ...

if they lose face, anything is possible ...
in the video the bus is not swerving to the left during the fight. Only when he puts his right hand back on the wheel does the bus swerve to the left. When people are angry they lose sense of reality
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-5 16:14:48 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2018-11-5 16:00
if they lose face, anything is possible ...
in the video the bus is not swerving to the left durin ...

If you look back at my remarks, you'll see that your description is the same as mine.

Our difference lies in the fact that you thought someone was trying to teach somebody a lesson, while I am saying that there is no such possibility.

Of course anger was an element involved.

Of course the moment the driver brought his right arm back to the steering wheel he would try to compensate for what he thought was the bus swerving to the right, because he was already disoriented and that he needs to swerve it back to the left.

None of these two elements -- anger and disorientation -- meant that he was trying to teach anyone a lesson.

That's a very small difference of opinion.  

The main thing is that this was an entirely preventable tragedy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-5 18:30:36 |Display all floors
One thing might be worth mentioning...
The police originally said that the woman missed her stop. Later the police said that the driver had passed her stop.
There is a considerable difference here.
I believe that about 5 minutes elapsed between the missed stop and the bridge fall. The driver must have had adequate time to stop if he had wanted to. He decided to continue and, in my opinion, deliberately steered the bus off of the bridge. The woman, and some others in the bus I suspect, were dismayed by the driver's behaviour and attempted to stop him.
In London we have had several incidents of killings using vehicles by deranged drivers.
Why is this any different?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-5 18:50:11 |Display all floors
This is China. AI and "Made in China 2025" to the rescue. Driverless buses.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-6 11:56:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-11-12 11:54
Montego Post time: 2018-11-5 18:30
One thing might be worth mentioning...
The police originally said that the woman missed her stop. La ...

"In London we have had several incidents of killings using vehicles by deranged drivers.
Why is this any different?"

But in China, there has never been a case of a public bus driver using his bus to kill his passengers!  That's the difference.  Btw in the London cases, drivers of vehicles drove into crowds, never a bus driver deliberately plunging his bus into the river or barrier to kill his passengers!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-10 07:35:01 |Display all floors
Montego Post time: 2018-11-5 08:30
Forgive me to differ....
The driver had not stopped where the woman wanted to leave the bus. Why not ...

Obviously you don't know the rules for busses in China, if you miss your stop you must wait and exit at the next stop.
Human lives mean little when those in the WEST see a bigger gain through war

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-10 07:58:04 |Display all floors
Another attack on a bus driver this morning on CCTV news, passenger get in bus, bus fee 2RMB insert 5RMB and demand 3RMB change from driver.
Bus companies and whoever let this issues get to the news must stop complaining about the attacks and do something about it.
This passenger got a 200RMB fine, as long as the law is so lenient in China the problem will stay with us.
Human lives mean little when those in the WEST see a bigger gain through war

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.