Author: ceciliazhang

What can we do to protect bus drivers from attack?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-11-5 12:04:40 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2018-11-5 10:50
You may be right. its possible the driver got extremely angry and wanted to teach the woman a less ...

If I were driving that bus, I wouldn't be trying to teach anybody a lesson by plunging it into a river.  

Would you?  I mean the purpose (teaching someone a lesson) and the result (the plunge) didn't match.

Since it had already been determined that the driver wasn't suicidal or particularly agitated that day by family members and colleagues alike, and that the woman passenger had struck the driver first, I don't believe teaching someone a lesson was within the realm of possibility.

Everyone involved carried a portion of the responsibility -- both the woman and the bus driver for criminal neglect of public safety, and the other passengers for non-interference.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-5 12:07:18 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-11-5 11:10
"I think he committed suicide."

I think not! Suicides are never committed at the spur of the momen ...

Here you go!

Exactly right.  

Suicides are always premeditated.

Or else they would have been more frequent than the statistics show.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-5 12:16:22 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-11-5 11:03
Support, just like I said elsewhere, a few days in a police lockup is not a deterrent!

That brief detention is a joke.

I believe some troublemaking public offenders are hungry and cold and need a place to stay for a few days and (why not?) recuperative square meals to accompany the lodging to boot.

Get real.  When someone touches that steering wheel he or she should be looking at Y500,000 and 3 years in prison.

A few years ago I was in Singapore, and I saw a sign admonishing potential offenders that littering or spitting in public would elicit a $5000 (Singapore dollars, I guess) fine.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-5 12:21:52 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-11-5 12:07
Here you go!

Exactly right.  

Haa, just use a bit of brainwork!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-5 12:29:49 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-11-5 11:58
Violence against public servants MUST stop! This is not an isolated case; many others were reporte ...

It is a shame, a very bad public image indeed.  That's the unwanted side effect of adopting the ONLY-CHILD policy (the genie) whose original aim of reducing the population was probably necessary at a time of material insufficiency.  It's the ME-ME-ME generation endangering the rest of the population.

Once the genie was out of the bottle it is hard to put it back  -- witness the fact that after the corrective two-child policy was instituted, not many young couples raced to take advantage of the new quota change.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-5 12:31:01 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-11-5 12:21
Haa, just use a bit of brainwork!

It's actually a no-brainer, but even a hunch would do the job.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-5 12:36:08 |Display all floors
Senecca Post time: 2018-11-5 11:07
It is a sad situation when the hight strung chinese people do such things

They should be punished i ...

Without a certain word in your remark, it would have been a nice addition to our conversation here, Senecca.

Do you mind telling us what that word might possibly be?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.