Author: ceciliazhang

What can we do to protect bus drivers from attack?   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-11-5 10:50:17 |Display all floors
Montego Post time: 2018-11-5 08:39
But the driver didn't lose control. He steered the bus left over the bridge quite deliberately aft ...

You may be right. its possible the driver got extremely angry and wanted to teach the woman a lesson.
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-5 10:59:05 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-11-5 11:48

Disgusting! Another two cases of beating up bus drivers on CCTV News this morning!  In separate incidents old men missed their stops, demanded drivers immediately stop the bus and let them alight, drivers refused, and they attacked the drivers. Fortunately the quick thinking drivers steered the bus to the roadside, called the police, no casualties here! Violent passengers arrested, to spend few days in lockup.  How much more such violence must drivers face and risks to passengers before the authority would act?  A few days in a police lockup is NOT a deterrent; the full force of the law must be applied to stop these scumbags o society!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-5 11:02:08 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-11-4 20:14
Easy, ask Trump.

He would tell you --- bring a gun.

In Beijing, so I was told, drivers are protected from violent passengers by a barrier/panel. That should be the standard nation-wide. The safety of all passengers must be taken seriously.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-5 11:03:04 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-11-4 20:16
And even more important -- make it a crime punishable with either a heavy fine (Y500,000) or impriso ...

Support, just like I said elsewhere, a few days in a police lockup is not a deterrent!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-5 11:10:07 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-11-5 11:21
But the driver didn't lose control. He steered the bus left over the bridge quite deliberately aft ...

"I think he committed suicide."

I think not! Suicides are never committed at the spur of the moment; they are always planned over time!  I watched the video, and my conclusion is that driver lost control after being hit by woman, straight and simple!  It is easy sitting in one's armchair, to say he could have done better, but not so simple when at that spur of the moment!  The woman is wholly to blame!  She paid the ultimate price for her disgusting behavior and she took the rest of the passengers with her!  She must burn in hell!  And let this be a lesson for all like-minded violent passengers!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-5 11:51:00 |Display all floors

No did you ACTUALLY see the video?

The driver was swinging his right arm backwards to fend off the woman's attacks, and when he swung back his right arm he lost control of the wheel because he was trying to overcompensate by turning the steering wheel to the left.

No possibility of suicide in this case because there were interviews conducted after the incident and both his colleagues and family members didn't detect any abnormal behavior on his part on the day of the accident.

In any case, this is the most horrific bus accident CAUGHT on tape that I have seen.  I am sure there are others even more grotesque but since they weren't caught on tape, we don't feel the effect as much.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-5 11:58:34 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-11-5 11:51
No did you ACTUALLY see the video?

The driver was swinging his right arm backwards to fend off th ...

Violence against public servants MUST stop! This is not an isolated case; many others were reported in the media, both national and provincial ones; many more went unreported!  What a shame, there are such violent people in the world's second largest economy; apparently being rich does not mean being socially responsible!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.