Author: ceciliazhang

What can we do to protect bus drivers from attack?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-11-4 20:14:43 |Display all floors
Easy, ask Trump.

He would tell you --- bring a gun.

No seriously -- design a driver's seat unreachable by passengers -- just take a look at the buses used in Hongkong

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-4 20:16:50 |Display all floors
And even more important -- make it a crime punishable with either a heavy fine (Y500,000) or imprisonment starting from 3 years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-5 04:31:12 |Display all floors
unmanned bus...done
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-5 07:05:06 |Display all floors
In my 10 years in China I can't recall from the news that men attack bus drivers, make it men busses only.
Ok jokes aside, the problem is most of the time in China if you break the law it's a 50RMB fine and 2 days in police custody...what a joke.
Human lives mean little when those in the WEST see a bigger gain through war

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-5 07:35:58 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2018-11-5 04:31
unmanned bus...done

I would never get on an unmanned bus.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-5 08:30:30 |Display all floors
Forgive me to differ....
The driver had not stopped where the woman wanted to leave the bus. Why not? The driver then refused to stop even after being repeatedly requested to and later struck by the woman. After the woman had been pushed aside the driver deliberately turned to the left, despite there being no obstruction ahead. The approaching car was coming in the opposite direction on the opposite side of the road and was not on a collision course. At no time did he attempt to brake.
My conclusion is that the driver was intent on driving the bus to its destruction. In most  countries this would be investigated as a terrorist incident until conclusively proved otherwise.
I believe that the woman has been wrongfully vilified for her actions. I think she, and probably other passengers, had become distressed at the behaviour of the driver. With good reason as it proved.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-5 08:39:23 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-11-5 07:34
Warned?  For what?  Don't be ridiculous.

The one who loses temper loses control of the bus, and yo ...

But the driver didn't lose control. He steered the bus left over the bridge quite deliberately after the woman was thrown aside. Look at the bus video. There was no obstruction ahead of him so why did he do that? Ask yourself why he had passed the stop where the woman wanted to alight earlier. I think he committed suicide.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.