Author: zhao jianguo

宁用武大郎,不选穆桂英 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-10-27 14:45:48 |Display all floors
You overestimate the influence of Mu Guiying, perhaps she is a celebrity in North China, but she is not so in other parts of the country. for example, I cannot understand the excellence of cross talks and Northern-style comic plays, like many other fellow citizens living in the south.

No Sir, Mu Guiying is not a celebrity per se in North China.  She is just a very well-known feminine figure in Peking Opera, and in the entire overseas Chinese community specifically because of the opera "Generals of the Yang Family," which described the patriotic resistance against the Jin nomadic invaders (forefathers of the Manchus five hundred years later).

You don't have to be either a Northerner or Southerner -- you only need to be an ethnic  Chinese whether at home or overseas to have heard about her, just like if you were an American you don't have to be a Bostonian or Californian to have heard about Marilyn Monroe.

About the matter of Vice Premier, I almost forgot it and am surprised to see you still get it in your heart.

People say I have a photographic memory.  I thought everyone was like me but apparently they aren't.  I can remember minute details of readings and events that took place eons ago, even though it really depends on whether I was interested enough at the time to remember those details.

In the instant case, if you are aware of Chinese developments at the start of Gaige Kaifang, you would definitely have heard of "Seek Truth from Facts" because that essay turned the tide of political correctness from Extreme Leftism to "seeking truth from facts," and Chen Yun's pithy remarks were popular because they represented the spirit of the period.  

So this jives with my evaluation that you probably are not the same person as the one depicted in your avatar.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-27 20:33:29 |Display all floors
A good debate or discussion can stimulate thinking and benefit all parties concerned if what they want is to live and learn. But you seem to be more interested in being a winner, that is our difference. And to support my point, it is necessary for me to find any resources that can help, so there is no "irrelevance" as you say.

It is the coomuunist parrty's textbook that first teaches us in mainland that the war of China and Japan is 8-year-long, and it is ridiculous for them to defend the reputation of their rival--Chiang Kai-shek,  and it is the same party that again tells us that the war should be 14-year-long after so many year's schooling of the above-mentioned textbook being used. So I strongly doubt your ability of logical thinking when you give me a lesson.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-28 18:03:05 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-10-27 14:45
No Sir, Mu Guiying is not a celebrity per se in North China.  She is just a very well-known femini ...

I don't think you have given a good example when mentioning Marilyn Monroe, because she is a symbol of adult culture far beyond the boundary of a country, let alone her home town. All normal male members of the society like her, as most of youths of China like Sola Aoi, even they haven't been formally given her information.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-8 16:15:29 |Display all floors
Mr. Zhao seemed to have forgotten to give us examples in real life that such a phrase is used and so we have wasted our time here to discuss something non-existent for several pages.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-9 05:12:15 |Display all floors
A good debate or discussion can stimulate thinking and benefit all parties concerned if what they want is to live and learn. But you seem to be more interested in being a winner, that is our difference. And to support my point, it is necessary for me to find any resources that can help, so there is no "irrelevance" as you say.

Oh I hadn't seen this response of yours and so only now can I take care of your concerns.

No one wins if his/her reasoning or argument is faulty and is consequently rejected by the readers, and so that decision of labeling someone as a winner or loser doesn't rest with either you or me.  It rests with the audience.

I think of this as a discussion and not as an argument.  To qualify as a contestant in an argument you must be mentally prepared.  I regret to inform you that from what I have seen from you so far, other than the fact that you have asked folks here to raise their hands, you have not given any coherent account of your ideas to be admitted into the club of participants in an argument.

It is the coomuunist parrty's textbook that first teaches us in mainland that the war of China and Japan is 8-year-long, and it is ridiculous for them to defend the reputation of their rival--Chiang Kai-shek,  and it is the same party that again tells us that the war should be 14-year-long after so many year's schooling of the above-mentioned textbook being used. So I strongly doubt your ability of logical thinking when you give me a lesson.

That you are an insolent fella not given to rational reasoning is obvious to all.

You said you were told about "eight-year resistance" and now they are changing it to 14 years instead of eight.

Well, history is not a dead subject.

It is very much alive and subject to re-interpretation as new discoveries or issues arise.

I think they must have realized that the Japanese invasion began in 1931 because Shenyang was Chinese territory in that year and any attack by the Japanese military against any Chinese territory -- whoever was leading the Chinese resistance didn't matter -- should be interpreted as part of the invasion.

So they were correct in recasting those six years before 1937 as part of the anti-Japanese resistance effort.

You are an abrasive, brazen, impolite person not given to rational reasoning and learning. Try to learn from Mr. Zhao and see how he handles things.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-9 05:17:08 |Display all floors
kevinruud Post time: 2018-10-28 18:03
I don't think you have given a good example when mentioning Marilyn Monroe, because she is a symbo ...
I don't think you have given a good example when mentioning Marilyn Monroe, because she is a symbol of adult culture far beyond the boundary of a country, let alone her home town. All normal male members of the society like her, as most of youths of China like Sola Aoi, even they haven't been formally given her information.

Our CD forums cater to English-speaking Westerners and so my example is very appropriate to illustrate my point that Mu Guiying was a very well-known historical figure popularized through the Chinese art medium of "Peking Opera," just like Marilyn Monroe was famous because of her roles in Hollywood films in the 1950s.

Film-making was an art started in the West just as Peking Opera is an art started in China.

So the comparison, if I may suggest, is most appropriate and relevant.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-9 05:21:17 |Display all floors
RoccoSiffredi Post time: 2018-12-8 16:15
Mr. Zhao seemed to have forgotten to give us examples in real life that such a phrase is used and so ...

It's not a phrase.

It is a reference to two well-known characters in Chinese culture -- Mu was popularized by Peking Opera, and Wu was popularized by the novel "Water Margins."

So Zhao doesn't need to give any examples just like you don't need to give examples of what you are sucking in your avatar.

It is obvious you ain't sucking anything other than a banana and not a human organ.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.