Author: AaronLDY

Chinese actress Fan Bingbing fined for tax evasion   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-10-10 11:38:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SEARU at 2018-10-10 11:47

Some pop stars may earn millions dollars overnight that is unfair for ordinary citizens. Our government should use tax as power tool to keep the income balance of the society that is important for our real economic progress!
All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-10 11:39:10 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-10-10 11:35
Oh, yes, I forgot she is a liar too!  So, you may be right.

We only respect honest people!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-10 11:57:17 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2018-10-10 11:39
We only respect honest people!

I don't respect Trump either, he is a liar and a tax cheat!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-10-10 12:38:53 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2018-10-10 12:39
pnp Post time: 2018-10-10 11:35
Oh, yes, I forgot she is a liar too!  So, you may be right.

Could not provide a shred of evidence to back her story up...
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-10 12:41:45 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-10-10 11:57
I don't respect Trump either, he is a liar and a tax cheat!

A good politician should first be artist who can make decision which go as smoothly as boat rowing down the river! Trump is not fit the standard for his foolish behavior on the world stage who is going to become one of the worst presidents in American history!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-10 13:36:31 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-10-10 11:26
That's your guess!  She did say somewhere that she would go borrow to pay the fine.

One detail is, that she has made some career abroad and therefore has financial assets abroad.

It may very well be true that her RMB assets in China are limited, and I have no idea how Chinese government handles case where someone needs to pay fine, but in order to pay them he or she would have to transfer assets from overseas, but the government itself restricts foreign currency exchange.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-10 15:16:39 |Display all floors
Gentlemen and ladies and toddlers and babies (in that order):

There really is nothing to discuss about this case.

It is obvious that Fan had someone very high up there in the pecking order to protect her, most likely someone who had a close relationship with her.

That someone was so powerful that he ordered all the relevant officials in Wuxi not to do anything serious to Fan, and of course that includes not sending her to jail -- in fact not even to book her for criminal violations.

Actress Liu Xiao Qing wasn't so lucky.  Years ago she owed the government much less back taxes but was convicted quickly and sent to prison.  She had no higher-ups to protect her, and when she exited from prison she was financially in dire straits.  

Subsequently she married an American Chinese in the San Francisco bay area and led a normal life again.

This Fan Bing Bing damsel has never been married, and is free to do whatever a single woman in her 30s wants to do.

So someone up there had a rendezvous session with her and it is not sure who's controlling whom from then on.  He is helping her because she has relevant material on him and he knows it.

How do I know it is someone way up there?

Just two days ago about ten high officials in and around Wuxi were found guilty of mishandling the tax evasion case of Miss Fan and were given highly publicized disciplinary  punishment.  They couldn't have all connived together in the case without a direct order from their superior.

These officials have no prior criminal record of sheltering anyone else other than Ms. Fan, showing that in the case they had been told from above not to do anything to Ms. Fan.

It was not because all of a sudden they all turned bad apples simultaneously in the same city on the same date.

It was a case of high-level corruption masked as a case of tax evasion.

Asking the damsel to cough up hundreds of millions in lieu of incarceration has no deterrence value against future tax evaders.

Fan is a rich woman however you slice it, and to her the most important thing is not to be incarcerated, and she has succeeded.

End of discussion but not end of story.

One day all the dirt under the carpet will be exposed.

Don't say I didn't warn you!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.