robert237 Post time: 2018-9-28 18:53
It's a pity there are so many who are incapable of rational thinking.
But you and I and many other ...
Let us try to "think" : Copy code
- It's a pity there are so many who are incapable of rational thinking.
Pascal's Wager: God Is, or He Is Not. You Must Wager
(French mathematician, physicist, and philosopher Blaise Pascal (1623–1662).
Given the possibility that God actually does exist and assuming the infinite gain or loss associated with belief in God or with unbelief, a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss (some pleasures, luxury, etc.).
The philosophy uses the following logic:
1. God is, or He is not.
2. A Game is being played where heads or tails will turn up.
3. According to reason, you can defend neither of the propositions.
4. You must wager. (It's not optional.)
5. Let us weigh the gain and the loss in wagering that God is. Let us estimate these two chances. If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing.