Views: 63642|Replies: 85

How should Chinese learn from the west on education?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-9-14 21:50:29 |Display all floors
A few of my colleagues or friends have sent their children aboard for university or even middle school education! But the results have proved that their choices were not clever since kids‘ harvests were not as ideal as they had expected!It seems that is easy to repeat others' oral words but hard to grasp their wisdom!
So what should Chinese do to get the real foreign teaching experience and improve native education?
All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-14 22:27:45 |Display all floors
On schooling, is the foreign Moon brighter than the Chinese one?
No, I don't think so!  If you feel that Chinese education is backward if compared with abroad, I always believe that we lose on teaching methods including teaching materials!  The reason is simple:The different ways would determine success or failure!
For an example: English dictionary can explain each word in a plain logical way that always drive pupils to think or do something with their own hands. While our Chinese texts mostly go beyond children‘s real understanding ability that why some teachers often tell students that you would totally see the principal when you grow up! -------------This is a writing or speaking style on which we must learn from foreign friends!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-15 11:21:15 |Display all floors
You are 50 years too late, SEARU. The US might have something to teach you back then, but I don't think that is true today.

China needs to figure it out by herself now, there is no one to emulate.

Use your head plus your heart together.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-15 12:46:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-9-15 12:47

Sorry, your piece is confusing!  Hard to follow your argument!

"This is a writing or speaking style on which we must learn from foreign friends!"  
Yes indeed, you should learn from foreign friends how to write clearly!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-15 14:19:58 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-9-15 12:46

"This is a writing or speaking style ...

Ho! You are clever since you have hit the target of my post!
If Chinese professors improve writing style and make textbooks more easier to follow and we teachers change lecturing method trying to tell deep theory in plain words with vivid tests, our education would be as advanced as foreign one!
Thanks for your wonderful comment!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-15 14:36:57 |Display all floors
hat should Chinese do to get the real foreign teaching experience and improve native education?

China lacks something that most foreign countries have. That is immersion into foreign languages within their own country and society, that exists outside schools and classrooms. In China, you don't really need English language.

And that is beause China restricts presence of foreign culture, both the content and the language. For example, the little foreign movies or TV shows there are in television, is usually spoken over in Chinese.

China needs to develop domestic need to learn foreign languages.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-15 15:16:45 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-9-15 12:46

"This is a writing or speaking style ...

Your wonder drives me think a lot about the complicated education business! In agriculture and industry fileds, China has learned a lot on management mood and technology in the past decades where great changes have taken place! At the same time more new schools have been built which look quite beautiful! But as a teacher I can not be confident enough to say our ‘schooling softwares' are powerful enough to fit the modern era!
For an example: about half of junior middle school students would enter ordinary high school where they focus the energy on ‘theory-study’:Reciting formulas and doing countless sums for ‘strict exams’ with less tests!
The remaining half backward students 'have to' choose vocational middle school for one-special-career-skill-training where we teachers teach them simple theory in plain words with more useful hand-to-hand practice activities.
So from above you can see that two group of teachers are working in different ways within china! I believe that sooner or later all Chinese teachers would work as engineers who are good at both theory and practice like SEARU! (Kidding!)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.