Author: UYA

Asian opponent called 'ching-chong'   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-8-26 15:39:09 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2018-8-26 15:31
I think you answered my question.
as an "Asian" living in an "unknown" place, who comes on the CD  ...

re:  "(next month you should connect with a banned poster, you two would get along well )"

Sort of difficult to tell the differences between ghosts and shadow people...

Good to see that you succeeded

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2018-8-26 15:50:02 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2018-8-26 15:39
re:  "(next month you should connect with a banned poster, you two would get along well )"

Why would a "newcomer" come on the CD to address this thread?
Then have the knowledge of other posters.
He must of done a lot of CD homework.
(or a ghost of a banned poster)
He is not hard to spot.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-27 16:45:13 |Display all floors
zhiran Post time: 2018-8-25 13:02
Well,argued and debated criticism of any country should be discussed. This is a discussion forum a ...
However, no one organizes with friends and campaigns to have posters banned because they criticize western countries. That some have joined and led organized campaigns for posters who criticize China cannot be denied. A number of the posters in this very thread have led them.

If you check the last few years posts, there have been attacks by the anti-China camp on posters who disagree with them. Whether it is organised or coincidental is hard to say but I do not rule out any of the possibliity. I have seen reasonable posters being pushed out of the discussion, and some even get banned, by these same people. We should let the past be bygones and then try to make this forum a better place for good reasonable posters, people who bother to spend time to argue out intelligently instead of emotionally. Criticism should not be unruly but intelligently done. Unruly criticism is just like street brawl.

And as for criticism of China in the foreign media. The foreign media criticizes ALL counties. They view their role as to keep governments in check and accountable for what they do or not do. And the fact that bad news sells better than good new plays a part. The idea that it is only China that is singled out is nonsense.

Criticism about governments is what the international media does. This I can see. However, criticism should be done with facts and data, not just speculation or just trying to make profit out of distorted facts. Since China is my concern, I have to right to challenge such lies. Just because it is "normal" does not mean it is right or good. There is a difference. Go ahead and criticise your own government but stay out of China's government.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-27 16:45:58 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-8-25 15:39
Ah, so moniker seneca has become Asian now.

I have the same suspicion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-27 17:01:53 |Display all floors
oranges111 Post time: 2018-8-25 15:48
> I also don't know why some people feel the need to talk about China when they "don't know nothin ...
Well, I owe the US more than I owe China anyway. What has China taught me? Selfishness, vengeance, stupidity, narrowminded-ness, spitefulness, rudeness ...I'm sorry but that's the truth about Chinese online.

Oh, I know enough about China, thank you very much.

Otherwise, why would you still support communism?

Well, do you know any Chinese who are offline? Although China is officially communist, do you know that China has gone through much reformation? People form the west (especially US) like to accuse by association. They create words to associate something negative like "nerd", "nationalism" "communism" ...etc. Then all they have to do is associate someone with such term and, by some incomprehensible logic, that person is guilty and bad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-27 17:20:05 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2018-8-27 16:45
I have the same suspicion.

Count me in on the suspicion.

The HR did not do a good job vetting him for the position of Z-less Clerk.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-28 16:03:05 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-8-27 17:20
Count me in on the suspicion.

The HR did not do a good job vetting him for the position of Z-less ...

A leopard cannot change its spot.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.