Author: robert237

North Korea gets respect   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-6-15 23:38:22 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2018-6-15 07:40
1584austin Post time: 2018-6-15 07:15
Trebor, I didn't know Soapdodger was English and I didn't know he signed up as Coralbay. I've had  ...

He's not English. He's Scottish. But still a brother from the UK.
From your past conversations with him I'm sure you know this.

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-16 02:11:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tatata69 at 2018-6-16 02:17

I'd hazard a view that only a prat like Trump, who may have been Putin's boyfriend, would take the trouble to sing the praises of his new boyfriend Kim, who is said to have ordered his lapdogs to put away the gadflies refusing to toady up to him anymore in North Korea, where famine, corruption and mind-control have blighted its society,  becoming a rabbit hole for paupers or commoners.

Trump himself has  an ulterior motive. Speaking to a roomful of  American journalists, the soft-headed, ornery Trump said he was hoping to win the Nobel Peace Prize, adding that he would strive to make history.  And that's what he did days ago by meeting another cage-rattler-cum- backslider from North Korea. The two villains if not wide boys reportedly hammered out a deal  aimed to avoid a military showdown between America and North Korea; Kim also told his new bedfriend Trump that North Korea would deign to put an end to its nuclear program.

Hearing this, Trump chuckled, his eyes crinkled up and his jaw jutting out. " The best thing he could do is to make a deal,"  Trump piped up.

No so fast, Trump. What kind of deal are you talking about? America, China and North Korea have signed many agreements before, yet  such agreements have been undone by North Korea's unwavering attempts to use force and nuclear weapons  to bust South Korea up in  a bid to cadge  foreign aid.

My guess this time is no different: Kim needs food and foreign aid; Trump needs to play North Korean card in  a bid to deflect attention from the investigation into his cooperation with the Russian government.

Another reasonable explanation would be that Trump is fed up with Putin, deciding to romp around with an Asian despot. Wouldn't be fun to play the  hide-and-seek game  with Kim in the White House?

Kim, " sugar, catch me if you can."
  Trump," you nasty git. I'm going to find you and then eat you alive .  I'm coming, love."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-16 02:23:34 |Display all floors
Trump needs to play  the North Korea  card in a bid to.....

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-16 02:37:24 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 1584austin at 2018-6-16 06:42
robert237 Post time: 2018-6-15 23:38
He's not English. He's Scottish. But still a brother from the UK.
From your past conversations with ...

I rarely have conversations, I just put a post on threads and I'm off. I rarely follow through threads as 10 mins here and there is me.
And if I ever read he was Scottish that wouldn't mean a thing. They think they could survive with our England

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-16 05:27:32 |Display all floors
This post was edited by zhihu1 at 2018-6-16 05:35
tatata69 Post time: 2018-6-16 02:11
I'd hazard a view that only a prat like Trump, who may have been Putin's boyfriend, would take the ...

1. Personal attacks against President Putin are a disgrace.  There's no evidence that Putin is a gay. That will undermine your opinion and  lose your credit. Verify my words with your journalist friend from Wall Street Journal.

2. Kim is not a villain. Does he own any slaves?

Why are Washington, Lincoln hailed as great US Presidents, but Kim is being attacked as a villain?

Washington killed numerous native Indians, and he was a slave owner as well.

Lincoln wanted to drive away the black from the US.

Needless to mention about Bush Jr, his hands are stained with the blood of Iraqi people. A war criminal.

You're being brainwashed by your own propaganda.

3. As to your analysis to their own purposes, I agree. Trump wants to deflect the attention from his political crisis. And Kim would have his back against wall if he continued his nuclear.

What's more the US wouldn't allow Kim to have nuclear weapons, anyway it is always a thread to its Asian pacific influence.

The UK, France have nuclear weapon too. Why does't the US ask his sidekicks to de-nuclear in the first place?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-16 05:42:22 |Display all floors
Trump is being honest when he praises Kim is very smart, though the West are furious about his comment.
In the view of politicans, they only see the exchanges of the interest, but not really care about the paper thin "democracy" at all which is the cloak to fool their own people only.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-16 14:02:39 |Display all floors
zhihu1 Post time: 2018-6-16 05:42
Trump is being honest when he praises Kim is very smart, though the West are furious about his comme ...

re:   paper thin "democracy"

Indeed,
people are being fooled

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.