How to evaluate student's learning performance? - China Watch - Chinadaily Forum
Views: 26148|Replies: 27

How to evaluate student's learning performance? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-5-17 17:14:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SEARU at 2018-5-17 17:16

An old teacher got off the train who felt very tired. He hired taxi for home. On the way the driver said little to him. To his surprise, the strange-driver refused to accept any fee for the trip. When he left the car, the driver revealed the truth in a special tone:""I am your former pupil who was the most hopeless in your words!--------'Acts as the rat-tail beaten with stick for three times without blood coming out!‘’ ---------
Then the driver got away quickly leaveing the old professor behind who stood there for a long time!...........

All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-5-17 20:35:18 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-17 20:49:38 |Display all floors
About ‘’ leaveing the old professor behind‘------------leaving .......
(Sory for the typo! )

In most cases, children always enjoy being flattered in stead of being criticized! Sometime adults‘ praising would become great encouragement for their progress!
So it is foolish for parents to make a ‘permanent’ judgement to kid if that is negative for kid's growth!

Once a time I talked with a young mother and asked her how many words the baby could speak.  She replied:‘Just a few! My child is slow on language-learning!’--------I told her: ‘You should not have drawn such  conclusion  since that is equal to telling the child he is stupid! The more he agrees with you on this point, the less he uses the head! ’

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-17 20:58:25 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-5-17 20:35
You claimed:

The original version of that sentence is ‘An old teacher got off the train feeling very tired.’--------
The teacher felt very tired when he got off the train.

(It is said British press authorities are quitie strict on grammar!)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-17 22:11:59 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SEARU at 2018-5-18 04:59
seneca Post time: 2018-5-17 20:35
You claimed:

I think you are puzzled with “Acts as the rat-tail beaten with stick for three times without blood coming out!”--------------In Chinese 念书(nian-shu) means ’read book' which often refers to ‘go to school’. But 书 (shu) sounds like 鼠 (rat)! ----------So some people may joke a bad student in this way: "You read rat even rat-tail! ---------------You could not see blood coming out when you hit the long tail with a stick. That means you are too stupid or naughty for schooling from which you would harvest nothing!

So that is harsh sentence which has hurt many children‘e feeling!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-18 09:08:51 |Display all floors
How to make a reasonable remark about students' achievement on lessons? It  is an important job for teaching work that concerns if our education is successful!----------I don't think it is scientific for us judge pupils only by the scores of examination! Too many children cry over the disappointed result of quiz ignoring the internal logical things inside the textbooks! They begin to loose interest in lessons even refuse to learn!
So we should consider students on three aspects: how much book-knowledge they have grasped, if they feel fun on doing lessons and wether they could teach themselves sth!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-5-18 15:54:32 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.