How a debate 40 years ago paves way for China's modernization? - Page 3 - China Watch - Chinadaily Forum
Author: Grace222

How a debate 40 years ago paves way for China's modernization? [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-5-15 11:55:49 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-5-14 17:25
And you are what, Bobby? A twister? A plumber that connects the sewage drain to the drinking w ...

You're even more misinformed than your friend, Zsa Zsa.
Little monkey, I've written the truth about the GLF and the CR yet all you do is swing to the
highest limb and chatter western stale old western propaganda.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-15 13:31:40 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-5-14 23:11
You are being extremely naive here. Do you think China just ordered a nuclear bomb from the USSR
a ...
You don't really think the USSR provided tools and advise for free do you?

In my earlier reply I already acknowledged that China provided USSR with produce of it's own in exchange for nuclear technology and advisers.

I have no sources to confirm how much, if any, agricultural products were delivered, but I do have sources to confirm that China did export uranium to Soviet Union, as well as granted Soviets access to use and implement military inftrastructure in northeast China.

And western history always puts words into the mouth of Mao. You can pull words out of context from any great leader and twist them around to suit your agenda.

I referred you to Chinese state source of the full transcription of the speech that Mao gave after "great leap forward", so you can read my quotes in their original context. It does not come from western media or western history, but China's state media and their own records.

you musing earlier in this thread about whether the western version of Chinese history and
the real Chinese history matched

Again you have trouble understanding what you read.

I didn't muse whether western and Chinese interpretation of history differs - everyone agrees that it does.

I mused whether the Chinese state media in 2018 releases two versions of same article, one to suit foreign audience, and one to suit domestic audience. I pondered this, because it would tell a lot about contemporary China, not past history.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-15 14:32:51 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2018-5-14 21:31
In my earlier reply I already acknowledged that China provided USSR with produce of it's own in  ...

Back step all you want. It doesn't matter how much of what China exported to the former USSR.
It accomplished the task of China obtaining nuclear deterrence which saved China from western imperialism.

Don't you know, Zsa Zsa, that all politicians and leaders will make statements in speeches to appease
the disgruntled? Western propagandists have made it their life's avocation to take statements made
by Mao out of context to further their own agenda.
The Great Leap Forward was an aggressive campaign to obtain nuclear deterrence for China and it worked.
It just so happened that the GLF coincided with epic droughts in China which caused the Chinese to
sacrifice even more to thwart western imperialism.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-5-15 15:27:27 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-5-15 15:30:31 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-15 15:31:29 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-15 16:12:45 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-5-14 23:27
I happen to know that HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF CHINESE would be unhappy if they knew what you belie ...

Why did you stop at hundreds of millions of Chinese little monkey.
Now you're just being ridiculous.
If you want to see genocide in the hundreds of millions you can look only to the Europeans over the last 500 years.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.