Teen defends Chinese prom dress that sparked cultural appropriation debate - Page 2 - China & World - Chinadaily Forum
Author: knox1234

Teen defends Chinese prom dress that sparked cultural appropriation debate [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2018-5-15 14:35:55 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2018-5-15 08:16
That chick is not hot at all. You have poor taste in schoolgirls.

I wouldn't climb over her to get to you Pal

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-16 09:08:15 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2018-5-15 08:16
That chick is not hot at all. You have poor taste in schoolgirls.

And ... what would you consider "hot"?
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-5-16 12:44:42 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2018-5-16 09:08

Do you ever watch the Disney Channel? How about those twins on Liv and Maddie! Or how about Kelli Bergland from Lab Rats? Especially the first few seasons. And have you ever watched Victorious?on Nickelodeon? Good lord. Did you know that Victoria Justice was once on and episode of ICarly? I think that's what led to her getting her own show you know.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-5-16 17:23:08 |Display all floors

A while ago I was unemployed and stoned in the middle of the day watching Victorious - and the episodes theme was the film The Breakfast Club. And I'm thinking to myself - what 13 year old girl would understand these The Breakfast Club references? The Breakfast Club came out in 1985. I am an old guy and I shouldn't even get The Breakfast Club references because I was only 6 in 1985. I wondered if tjw target audience of Victorious is really 13 year old girls. It was if the writers were winking at me.

1985. I once had a gf that was a few years older than me and my nickname I gave her was Saint Elmo's Fire. Saint Elmo's Fire came out in 1985 too you know.

I had a younger gf that thought that the ending of Pretty in Pink was acceptable because Ducky came to the prom with a chick that was hotter than Molly Ringwald you know. Can you believe that? Poor Ducky.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-5-16 18:33:20 |Display all floors

So I used today stuff to this girl like - "Calm down there Saint Elmo's Fire." Or - "I don't think so Saint Elmo's Fire." Ha. The funny thing was that she was only three years older than me so she wouldn't have been a teenager when Pretty in Pink or Saint Elmo's Fire came out either. I can't believe that chick broke up with me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-22 08:48:21 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2018-5-16 12:44
Do you ever watch the Disney Channel? How about those twins on Liv and Maddie! Or how about Kelli  ...

ummm ... no. I'm a lot older than you. I've outgrown the Disney Channel. Nickelodeon? We don't get that here in Canada, and even if we did, it would be part of a $200/month cable package. I am perfectly happy with my Roku, thank you.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-22 08:50:29 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2018-5-16 18:33
So I used today stuff to this girl like - "Calm down there Saint Elmo's Fire." Or - "I don't think ...

"I can't believe that chick broke up with me."

I can ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.