Author: ceciliazhang

What would a world without “made in China” look like?   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-1-29 08:08:52 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-29 10:46:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2018-1-29 10:58
seneca Post time: 2018-1-29 07:19
Where do you draw your information from? What you claimed a propos of apartments sold to foreign  ...

This was your earlier post:

You are a certified phool! As a foreigner I was not free to buy "cheap" at all. I bought my first apartment in a gated community that at that time failed to find Mainland Chinese buyers, so they opened up to the international market. Their targeted buyers were Hongkongers and anyone from outside of the P.R.C. I was fairly happy with my flat there but I can certainly say that the quality in no way matched the quality of housing to which I was used by living in France, Israel, S Africa or Switzerland.

Those are FINISHED FLATS that local buyers shun. No wonder you bought a crappy flat which you now claim was in Shunde, Guangdong, as noted in your later post below:

When I lived in Shenzhen, I was only interested in second-hand flats which were already fully equipped with what makes a flat inhabitable. There were no Hong Kong developers. Just the owners who mostly were Mainlanders.

I did not buy because the prices were laughably high.

I eventually bought an apartment in Shunde, Guangdong. It was shown me as a shell, and I was shown demo apartments with interior furnishings. I chose a decorated apartment with timber tiles and a bathroom in Western style, and I was pretty satisfied with the work done by the staff.

You’re now contradicting yourself by claiming to be satisfied with the finishing done by the developer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-29 11:02:08 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-1-29 08:08
Let's state it in clear English; your post is nonsense. I hae submitted a detailed reply and am wa ...

The large demand for daigou service is due to China's high import tariffs on luxury goods.
  Prices for goods can be 30 to 40 percent higher in China than abroad.
China unleashed a new round of import tariff cuts on 187 goods to encourage consumer spending, the once flourishing overseas shopping agents days will be numbered.

Not so much due to concern over unsafe products, especially food safety problems but cost was the biggest factor.  
After all, some 41 million Chinese bought foreign products via cross-border e-commerce platforms last year, spending spending some 1.2 trillion yuan.
I hope this helps ol'chap

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-1-29 11:25:02 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-29 11:26:58 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-29 12:14:14 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-29 13:41:19 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-1-29 12:14
Maybe you stumbled over my phrase "those were not cheap..." They were not cheap at that time but t ...

re:   Then again, it was built long before by the danwei.

The nonsense you're spreading within this forum is as big as the Middle Kingdom...

Are you aware that a person can have nausea without vomiting...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.