Author: pnp

Disgusting Behavior of Returned Chinese Immigrant   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-1-20 13:05:38 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-20 13:54:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-1-20 13:57

And to elaborate on why I think many returned immigrants are arrogant, here is another piece of useful info.
Many blindly swallow up the, 'My right to privacy' mentality while in the West because privacy is a huge matter in the West, more so than in the East!  In the Chinese social context people don't talk much about privacy; they readily tell friends, or organisations their date of birth, age, salary etc when required to fill in forms.
Here is a true story.  A Chinese returnee,  when asked for her personal particulars when checking into a hotel in China, refused to co operate with frontdesk, citing her right to privacy, not to reveal her date of birth etc.
Hotels in China are required by law to register all guests or face heavy penalties.  This lady argued left right and center when asked for relevant information about her, citing her right to privacy.  The hotel refused to accept her if she did not comply; she finally complied, or else she would have to camp outside for the night!
The point here is that the right to privacy is very much a Western concept which this lady blindly swallowed and tried to apply it in her erstwhile homeland!
This unfortunately,  is what happens when Chinese move abroad and return with a green card and an air of superiority, demanding that China complies to her Western style demands!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-20 14:16:38 |Display all floors
coralbay Post time: 2018-1-20 13:05
It is only plain and simple to you - someone who holds very strange views on foreigners (and now r ...

'someone who holds very strange views on foreigners (and now returned Chinese) and your perceived arrogance on how they behave in-country.'

Correction, I don't hold 'strange views on foreigners';  I do have an opinion on Chinese returnees who think they are 'foreigners' and demand special treatment in China!  And I have firsthand info on such behavior, besides info gleaned from the media!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-20 14:24:58 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-1-20 14:26
coralbay Post time: 2018-1-20 13:05
It is only plain and simple to you - someone who holds very strange views on foreigners (and now r ...

I respect your right to draw your own conclusion, and I hope you respect mine!
Everyone comes to forum to express an opinion based on what he knows, or his perception; you don't have to agree with them, but there is no heed to condemn with 'influenced by your own prejudices'!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-1-20 15:29:57 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-1-20 15:38:02 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-20 17:15:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2018-1-20 19:14
pnp Post time: 2018-1-20 12:34
'Don't forget also, that 'communal good' often refers to communist "communes", where everyone lived and worked together, and, as the theory puts it, everything is done for the "communal good"

You have defined the communal good concept in a very narrow sense, as you see it in China.
Don't forget there are other countries which embrace Confucianism, such as Singapore, where  'communal good' is practised widely in government policies and law; it expects citizens to forego their individual rights for the good of society!  And people there generally accept it!

The Singaporean intellectuals who were educated in the best Universities in the Western World came back and vowed to stamp out the excessive individualism being promoted by Western Liberalism since the 60s. They rejected Western concepts of “freedom” and “rights” which only serve the interests of individuals against the interests of Family, Society, Nation and State. The Singaporean Scholar-Officials then turned to Classical Chinese Confucianism and created a modern variant suitable for the highly-developed, economically-prosperous, technologically-advanced City-State of Singapore.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.