Author: pnp

Disgusting Behavior of Returned Chinese Immigrant   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-1-22 16:05:17 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-22 16:45:09 |Display all floors
coralbay Post time: 2018-1-22 16:05
A perfect example ... of your (and sfphoto's) ignorance.

These returning students do hold diplomas ...

'Have you forgotten the emphasis that Confucianism puts on education?'

No, I haven't!   Confucius' emphasis on education is  a well accepted fact, but those who returned with overseas degrees think their degrees are worth more, that is not always true!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-22 17:09:24 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-1-22 20:31:08 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-23 05:31:10 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2018-1-23 05:37
coralbay Post time: 2018-1-22 17:09
"but those who returned with overseas degrees think their degrees are worth more, that is not alwa ...
You agreed with sfphoto, who declared that these "diplomas were not worth the paper they were written on". This is a markedly different statement from returning students thinking their degrees are worth more (than local degrees).

You’re misinterpreting my words: I used a figure of speech to berate those students who think their Western diplomas are worth more than pieces of paper.

In a desperate attempt to put down the quality of foreign degrees ... simply because they are foreign .... you chose to describe his statement - a statement that described their pursuit of education as worthless - as a perfect example.

I was criticizing their attitude when they treat their foreign diplomas as consumer brands. What’s important is their foreign education not their foreign diplomas.
These students are pursuing what they hope to be a better education. And all you can do is sneer at them and deride them. in essence, the behaviour you and he exhibit is the VERY OPPOSITE of Confucianism.  

Pursuing foreign studies is great if the returned students use their knowledge gained from abroad to help China. But if all they care about is their foreign diplomas which they brandish about like their Louis Vouitton bags, then it’s just another example of consumerist worship of foreign brands which somehow makes them feel "superior” to locals.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-23 08:34:58 |Display all floors
Now the problem here is the use of "the rights mentality" and the implication it is necessarily "western". 1. The United Nations has made a list of human rights. 2. While individual human rights were established more rapidly in "the west", they are also being established in all societies (at variable rates). 3. There's a suggestion that ANY assertion of one's human rights (be it reasonable or unreasonable) is a bad thing. In fact, these issues are determined in a civilized society by carefully balancing collective and individual rights.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-23 12:27:34 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2018-1-23 05:31
You’re misinterpreting my words: I used a figure of speech to berate those students who think the ...

"You’re misinterpreting my words:

This bloke does that all the time, just to suit his argument!  You must understand his modus operandi!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.