Author: pnp

Disgusting Behavior of Returned Chinese Immigrant   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-1-21 21:15:08 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-22 00:45:02 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-1-21 12:03
Typical Westerner's viewpoint,  that sacrificing individual rights will bring down the community.   ...

What do you mean ... "Typical Westerner's viewpoint"? I find this comment very stereotypical, ignorant, prejudicial, and insulting. You would not like it if I was to turn around and tell a few "Typical Eastern viewpoints" now would you. You would instantly accuse me of China-bashing, and of being racist.

... such as rights to privacy,  behind which criminals hide, making it impossible for law enforcers to go after them!

This is a tenuous argument at best. Criminals cannot hide behind 'rights to privacy'. Privacy is a fundamental human right recognized in the UN Declaration of Human Rights, the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and in many other international and regional treaties. Privacy underpins human dignity and other key values such as freedom of association and freedom of speech. In the United States, the Fourth Amendment of the Constitution protects people from unlawful search and seizure, unless probable cause can be established and appropriate search warrants are issued by the courts (judge). In Canada, privacy laws protect personal information, and how government and business can use that information. Our privacy laws also prevent government and individuals from interfering in my personal life, such as who I can marry, how many homes I can buy, what I can eat, or even how I can worship my religion (if I have one).

... And rights to possess guns, giving US the dubious honor of having the world's most gun-related deaths!

The original intention was not to allow every citizen of the United States, of the time, to have a firearm just for the sake of having one, but to be able to defend the fledgling country from invasion, and to prevent the government from obtaining too much power. Convicted felons, persons determined to be mentally ill, and some others are prohibited from possessing firearms and ammunition in the US. Unfortunately, just because they are prohibited doesn't mean that everyone obeys that.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-22 00:57:06 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2018-1-21 14:01
Another example of Confucianist ethics is the duty of Japanese salaryman to be loyal to his Corpora ...
In the US auto industry, the relationship between Management and Labor became so antagonistic that US auto companies preferred outsourcing their manufacturing to Mexico rather than dealing with intransigent labor unions in the USA.

Ummm ... no. Outsourcing began with the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), not with intransigent trade/labour unions.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-22 01:20:31 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2018-1-21 17:33
Confucianist ethics is alive and well despite the Cultural Revolution which did destroy feudalism  ...
Both the Chinese entrepreneur and his migrant workers sacrifice their individual interests for the sake of the common good which is the main tenet of Confucianist ethics.

The basic underlying principle as stated by Confucius is reciprocity ( 恕 ) -- the two-way relationship between two people.  It is exemplified by the Confucian Golden Rule: "Do not do unto others what you would not want others to do unto you" ( 及所不欲勿施於人 ).

Over the centuries the teachings of Confucius have been modified by others who came after him.  Scholars sometimes added or modified Confucius' teachings to make it more relevant to life or more consistent with the newer trends in the intellectual community.  Politicians modified it to promote their aims.  Religious people modified it to make their religion more acceptable to the people.  Thus the Confucianism we know of today is quite different from the actual teachings of Confucius.  Confucius's teachings were recorded by his disciples in what came to be known as 'The Analects' (論語). I suggest reading the Analects, instead of just regurgitating what you have been taught in the classroom.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-22 03:54:55 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2018-1-22 00:57
Ummm ... no. Outsourcing began with the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), not with in ...

No, outsourcing began BEFORE the passage of NAFTA which the US auto industry lobbied for in order to get preferential tariff-free access to the US market for their auto manufacturing plants (called the Maquiladoras) in Mexico. They started with auto parts manufacturing in the 70s and 80s and then moved to whole car manufacturing in the 90s and 2000s after the passage of NAFTA in 1994.

The problems with the corrupt, Mafia-infested labor unions (AFL-CIO, UAW) in US manufacturing industries is well-known and well-documented. However, what destroyed the US auto manufacturing industry was the hostile and antagonistic industrial relations between Management and Labor which resulted in frequent labor strikes/lockouts, opposition to the deployment of industrial robots, poorer workmanship, lower productivity and other negative effects which hindered the ability of US automakers to compete against the highly-disciplined workforce of Japanese automakers who pioneered the adoption of industrial robots in auto manufacturing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-22 04:26:32 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2018-1-22 05:18
dostoevskydr Post time: 2018-1-21 18:48
"THE RELEVANCE OF CONFUCIAN VALUES TO LEADERSHIP COMMUNICATION" is an interesting read.
{Ma ...

There are lots of scholarly works on the role of Modern Confucianism in the rise of Industrial East Asia. In his seminal work entitled “The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism”, Max Weber was the first Western scholar to propose the study of the subjective factors (social mores, cultural mindsets) in addition to the objective conditions (political structures, economic institutions) in the development of Industrial Capitalism in the Western World. In East Asia, Confucianist Societies emphasized social harmony, higher education, filial duty and ascetic discipline. In conjunction with Society, Confucianism in its modern form — technocratic management vs bureaucratic control — directly influenced the role of the State in the economic, industrial and technological development of East Asia.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-22 11:42:52 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-1-21 17:12
But a Western diploma or degree invariably is worth more than a diploma or degree from any Chinese ...

Yes, you got a point there...
However, as we all age (including ya ol'chap) there is a tremendous change taking place in the Middle Kingdom.
Today, China's diploma or degree is equal to the West regardless you like it or not...

You of all the people within this forum should be aware that China is changing...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.