Author: ceciliazhang

China takes steps to drive out foreigners with an illicit past   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-1-3 17:03:31 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-1-3 09:50
Oolong tea is wonderful, thank you. Is it on you? Oolong tea cannot reanimate, resuscitate or revi ...
billions of dead females killed by your next-of-kin through abortions
Are you against abortion? If so, then are you proposing that abortion be banned?
By the way, I don’t think a fetus is a “sentient” being which should be accorded compassion according to Buddhist teachings.
Certain animals are “sentient” beings which is why Buddhists forbid the killing of animals and the eating of meat.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-3 17:10:01 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2018-1-3 17:16
seneca Post time: 2018-1-3 09:59
You didn't answer MY question Sigh. Typical child punk behavior! Will Chinese male chinauvinists e ...

Name-calling is childish punk behavior.
I am not saying that South Africa is bad.
I am just saying that you’re denying your past.
You’re a native English speaker from an English-speaking country called South Africa.
That’s why you applied for and got the English teaching job in China.
Now you claim to be from continental Europe, none of which are English-speaking countries.
You can’t be both because that would be a contradiction.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-3 17:21:37 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-1-3 09:58
Will the production of your silly innuendoes never cease? To some extent I wish it didn't becaus ...

I am not interested in what’s happening in South Africa. But you should be because that’s where you are from. Why do you keep denying your roots?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2018-1-3 18:35:21 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-1-3 15:44
You are lying, yiu said it was deleted, and I took that to be true, now you go back on your own wo ...

Let the record speak for itself :
Post # 494
"He bragged about it in a Different thread, Dolt! He started four threads, one of which got deleted (but that claim was not posted in that thread).

This is plain and simple ENGLISH. What have you understood ?
Much learning does not teach understanding........

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-1-3 20:14:45 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-1-3 20:19:25 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-3 20:58:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2018-1-3 21:20
seneca Post time: 2018-1-3 20:19
Speculator. Illusionist. Unimaginative poster.

[quote]Just to tickle your brain a little bit: In Hong Kong I once met two Brits, genuine Scotsmen who worked for the police, who couldn't speak a word of English. They were fluent in Cantonese which was their mother tongue.

So what? Nationality has nothing to do with race/ethnicity. They were serving in the HK government which gives them HK nationality. You’re from South Africa where you grew up in and that’s your national origin.

Europe is full of people from distant places who retain their original citizenships even though they get born in a different country.

Nationality and citizenship are two different but related concepts. If you became a permanent resident of HK, you would be eligible for a HK ID card which establishes HK nationality under the HK SAR of the PRC. You won’t have PRC Citizenship but you would still be considered a HK national but not a Chinese citizen.

Nationality implies membership in a Nation; citizenship refers to political allegiance to a State. If you had grown up in Apartheid South Africa and participated in the social, economic, cultural and political life of the White Nation of South Africa, you are South African by nationality regardless of citizenship.

Same as the USA. Foreign-born immigrants who participate in the social, cultural, economic and political life of the USA have US nationality but not US citizenship until they naturalize as US citizens. For example, foreign-born immigrants are allowed to serve in the US military which grants them US nationality. After three years of military service, they would be eligible to become US citizens by naturalization.

But you still haven’t answered my question: why do you keep denying your South African roots?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.