Author: dostoevskydr

Drunken Beijing Street Spat Inflames Chinese Anger Towards Expat Man   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-12-29 11:59:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2017-12-29 14:05
Saul Post time: 2017-12-28 20:18
China's sexual revolution: 'One-night stand' app Momo boasts 80 million users

Not common, but ...

Not common at all. That’s why Momo changed from a dating app into a social media platform for both Chinese and foreigners.

Momo was the very first dating app that covers the whole Middle Kingdom. It was widely seen as the best app for ‘booty-calling’ for a while. In order to get rid of this bad reputation, Momo changed itself from a dating-focused app to an interest-based social networking one. Being the first and biggest dating app, people still think of this particular app when it comes to discovering new people.
However, the app is not an easy one to use due to its numerous add-on features which could be confusing. You can locate new friends in your area (within a certain radius), play mini-games or join user-generated groups. Momo has an increasingly high number of foreign users, which means you can use this app in many different countries across the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-29 13:31:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2017-12-29 14:48
cmknight Post time: 2017-12-29 08:24
Like you do?

He who lives in a glass house shouldn't stow thrones.

You were the one who picked on the poster's words, not me!  Spare a thought for those Chinese posters who are trying their best to make a contribution to Forum with their limited English.  Try making a comment on a Chinese language Forum!  I bet you'd look like a fool to them Chinese readers!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2017-12-29 14:38:34 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-12-29 13:31
You were the one who picked on the poster's words, not me!  Spare a thought for those Chinese poste ...

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2017-12-29 17:42:25 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-12-29 08:28
I blame the Millennials. We were perfectly alright until people who felt they were entitled to som ...

The Millennials are a the end result of their parents stupidity as parents.  In most cases the kids reflect 1-2 generations of issues with society and education IMHO.

The Millennials "self entitlement" and self importance is a direct result of never being allowed to fail during their formative years, everyone gets a "participation trophy" regardless of how bad they actually at at something. This is not their fault, it's entirely down to the teachers, society and it's attitudes and those are largely shaped by teachers and policy.  

This dissection could go on for thousands of words or pages but I'm sure most people are aware of the problems and how they can be solved.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-29 20:20:54 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-12-28 22:59
Not common at all. That’s why Momo changed from a dating app into a social media platform for both ...

Thanks for the update.

But I am sure that young Chinese are hooking up.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-30 03:35:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by cwdy at 2017-12-30 03:57
seneca Post time: 2017-12-28 15:39
No one denies anyone the use of any particular words but we are having some fun at the expense of  ...

Don't you think that chick is in a position to throw down the gauntlet into a ring in which I stand.

And don't you old bird think you are in a position to conjure up an e-dictionary from nowhere that I would use.
Refreshed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-30 03:38:08 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-12-29 08:28
I blame the Millennials. We were perfectly alright until people who felt they were entitled to som ...

Please be awed to be informed that I was tested to have overtaken 98% of American natives in Vocabulary building.
Refreshed.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.