Views: 30856|Replies: 34

Should there be tougher laws against child abuse?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-11-24 14:04:43 |Display all floors
(Whatsonweibo) After the Ctrip kindergarten scandal, another major kindergarten abuse case is the talk of the day on Chinese social media. Employees of Beijing RYB Education are suspected of drugging and molesting young children.

The parents claim their children were fed unclear white pills and had been injected, providing many photos showing needle punctures in their children’s skin in areas on their legs, arms, and buttocks. They suspect that their children have been drugged and molested. The case began when several parents noticed irregular behavior in their children and then discovered the punctures in their skin. Some parents claim they also found indications of sexual abuse on their child’s body. Some children refused to go to school, others pointed out where they had suffered needle pricks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-24 14:05:58 |Display all floors
Several videos recorded by the parents involved made their ways to parental support groups. One video shows two parents asking their toddler son about a white pill they discovered on him. The little boy then answers “the teacher gave it to me to make me sleep.” He also says: “We have to take these pills every day.” The video was later taken offline. Other children also told their parents they were fed “white pills” at school. The young pupils said the pills were “not bitter.”

A Beijing Youth Daily journalist reported that on Thursday, November 23, a group of parents gathered at the gate of the kindergarten where a meeting would supposedly be held at the time of writing. Parents demanded to see the center’s surveillance videos, but according to reports that came out around 17.30 Beijing time, the police had already confiscated the footage.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-24 14:06:11 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-24 14:07:33 |Display all floors
Several emotional parents spoke to reporters outside the school gates. One mother told reporters that her child had disclosed that teachers had threatened the children not to tell their parents about things occurring at the preschool. They told the young children that they had a “very long telescope” and would be able to watch them, even if they were at home. “My child is only three-and-a-half years old, and I found needle hole marks on his thighs and buttocks. I am trembling with anger,” one other parent told reporters. In an interview with another parent, a mother tells about her 3-year-old child’s account of all the children being subjected to naked “health checks” at school by a “grandpa doctor” and “uncle doctor,” who allegedly also did not wear any clothes. A father stated to journalists that he had taken his child to the hospital on November 22 for an examination, and that the doctor found there was trauma to the anus area. “I feel like burning down the school,” the man said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-24 14:50:05 |Display all floors
definitely, we need to have much tougher laws against these kind of crimes, or any crimes that may not have serious bodily wounds but can cause quite serious psychological harm/trauma to the victimes, including child abuse in kinder gardens, insulting in public such as stripping sb naked, and campus bully which is much more common than child abuse in kinder gardens and causes deeper harm in many cases.  

I just can't believe how warped a country can be when a guy selling a pair of parrots gets 5 years in prison while these human scums spitting on humanity can get away with only a few months.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-24 15:10:44 |Display all floors
Tougher laws is not enough. The kindergarten industry must be regulated and the teachers must be trained and qualified. The kindergartens with proper certification and qualified teachers can then be passed with a logo or sign by the government. Right now, any one can start a kindergarten and any one can be a teacher. There is no way to know whether the kindergartens are safe or not.

In the future (maybe 2 or 3 generations later), more and more young couples will work full-time and there will not be enough grandparents to look after the children because couples can have more than one child. Kindergartens will be necessary so there must be a concerted effort to work out a solution for this now because time must be allowed for trials and error also.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-24 16:17:44 |Display all floors
Yes, indeed there should be tougher laws against child abuse...

An ex USA Gymnastics team doctor accused of molesting at least 125 female athletes...

Some victims were under 13 and the others between 13 and 15.  The 125 girls and young women who filed reports of abuse can speak at his January 12 sentencing.

Dr. Nassar pleaded guilty as each charge was read.

He then addressed the court, saying he prayed for his victims and was "horribly sorry" for his crimes between 1998 and 2015.
    I want them to heal the  monster, not a doctor said.

Tree Olympic gold medal-winning gymnasts are among those who said Nassar abused them.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.