Author: ariqj

Athletes take a knee during the national anthem [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-10-1 11:37:36 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2017-10-1 02:56
I don't that's correct, America has seen the illegal immigrant population swell to the point there ...

Please re-read my post.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-3 22:10:25 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2017-9-29 07:36
What is a racist?  Holding negative stereotypes of  people from different races.  Some of this we  ...
...Race can be all too easy to fall into this trap.  You don't look like me...you're not like me.....you might be a threat!...you are probably bad!

Ahh, okay, so the human race act instinctively rather than rationally.

In that case, we are not homo sapiens, we are at best homo pseudo-sapiens. We act without reasoning from cause to effect, that if we do A, then B might happen.

Actually, I know now that "whites" are not the only racist in USA, blacks in USA can be just as racist and even more petty and malicious when they act on their racist impulses, which is my way of agreeing that we have this instinctive racist trait in all of us, whites, blacks, browns, yellows, in-betweens and in particular that orange man.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-3 22:14:33 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2017-9-29 07:51
9/11 ruined the country.  It radicalized us.  We gave up freedoms.  We gave military equipment to  ...
I was born in the sixties.  I was a generation after the protect generation that went through the civil rights, vietnam war protests,  and women's rights.   But those movements shaped my view.

You, JF, is the generation after Linda Ronstadt...
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-3 23:19:02 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2017-10-1 02:52
Blacks in the United States comprise only 13% of the population yet commit more than 50% of all rec ...

This is exactly what I am talking about why we need to address our past.

Look at this response.  

Imagine someone doing this in Germany and blaming the jews for all their troubles.

This is crap an why we still have so many racial issues today.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-4 01:21:24 |Display all floors
Racism will continue to be a huge issue in the US until we properly deal with our past.

Please everyone read vcat's response.  THIS is exactly the problem.  People think they must whitewash our history so we don't look like monsters or carry the guilt.

But we were monsters.  And the crap vcat spewed makes us continue to be monsters.  It keeps racism alive as the only way to not feel like a monster is to blame the minority for the misery we caused them.  Blame the victim.

Why must we feel like we have to be proud of our history?  Its a horrible history.

We should be proud of over-coming such a horrible history and becoming better people.

Hopefully one day we will overcome it.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-4 02:03:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by vf84tcat at 2017-10-5 01:03
JFenix Post time: 2017-10-4 01:21
Racism will continue to be a huge issue in the US until we properly deal with our past.

Please ever ...

When it comes to the past, please speak for yourself. It is exactly people like you and your ancestors who enslaved Blacks and others. You are now reaping the fruits of your past.

But can you explain why Blacks at only 13% of the population commit more than 50% of all violent crimes in America? Can you explain why when they riot, they always burn down THEIR OWN section of town but not before looting their Black neighbor's store?

Please explain your rationale for why these criminal acts that hurt so many, are acceptable.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-4 02:30:57 |Display all floors
This post was edited by vf84tcat at 2017-10-4 03:33
JFenix Post time: 2017-10-3 23:19
This is exactly what I am talking about why we need to address our past.

Look at this response.   ...

My ancestors were persecuted in both England and Germany. They took the brave, courageous step of leaving their homelands for the fearful uncertainty of a place that would later became America. Things were very harsh and difficult for them there too. But as time went on, they along with many others, shed the difficulties of their former lives to make one of the greatest nations in the world.

Blacks have been given this same opportunity. Over the decades the unfairness of racial discrimination has been filed away. Millions of Blacks have benefited greatly by adopting the peaceful, respectful standards of a strong middle class. Virtually no one of common human decency discriminates against these folks, they are just as welcome to their chance at the American Dream as anyone. It is the ones who refuse to treat their neighbors respectfully by engaging in violent, aggressive behavior who are not welcome. Those Blacks who are naturally violent and aggressive will see this as discrimination. It is man-hating feminists like you and violent Blacks who see White males (typical leaders of society), as the enemy. In your minds and the mind's of violent Blacks unable to accept peaceful standards of conduct, the White Male is the root of all your problems. Neither angry militant feminists or angry militant Blacks, can see that the problem lies within yourselves. Neither of you will ever improve your lot until you stop wallowing in the past and blaming others for your troubles. Your only way of effecting a better future is to accept responsibility for your own actions.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.