Views: 49377|Replies: 39

China has one of the lowest murder rates in the world   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-22 14:59:35 |Display all floors

(People's Daily Online) Homicide rate in China is one of the lowest in the world, said the country’s top security chief.

"The homicide rate in China in 2016 was 0.62 per 100,000 residents, better than most countries in the world," said Meng Jianzhu, head of the Commission for Political and Legal Affairs of the Communist Party of China Central Committee, during a national conference in Beijing.

There were a 43 percent decline in severe violent crimes and a 56 percent slip in major and fatal road traffic accidents last year, compared with 2012, Meng said.

People’s satisfaction in public security rose from 87.55 percent in 2012 to 91.99 percent in 2016, Meng said, pointing out that it takes a lot of effort to keep the crime rate down in such a huge country with such a big population.

I am sure that China is one of the safest countries on this planet. Just experience you'll feel how safe you are, no matter you are in million people cities or the rural areas. What do you think?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2017-9-22 16:51:57 |Display all floors
Ok good work, but I would like to see a bigger effort in tackling unhygienic restaurants in the country. I worry more about that, than I do about getting mugged. My list of restaurants that I eat in are reducing all the time. Today I got a picture msge on wechat about something nasty that had just crawled out of someones meal...
Another picture showed a small snake that had crawled up a mans leg in a restaurant.
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-22 20:27:05 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-22 20:33:35 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-22 20:35:53 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-22 22:06:12 |Display all floors
I am currently in position to witness how effective Chinese are at killing themselves and others with smoking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-22 22:33:10 |Display all floors
Everyone is on something these days, killing themselves off, smoking may be determned as being suicidal, however has nothing to do with public security.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.