Author: knox1234

Many foreign teachers in China don't have teaching certificates   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2017-8-26 17:35:49 |Display all floors
Swifty55 Post time: 2017-8-26 07:09
90% of the foreign teachers I have observed in China have no clue how to teach.Why? They do not have ...

Why ? Why ? Why ?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-8-26 20:15:28 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-8-26 20:17:01 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-26 23:23:59 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-8-26 09:28
Thanks, mburian, for your important information. In my time such preliminaries were not required b ...

Employers are asking the job seekers to verify the authentication of their documents because the Chinese government does not have agreements in place with those countries, to be able to do it themselves. Since the schools can't verify the degree/diploma, they get the applicant to do it before they come to China. The Chinese Consul-General's offices cannot, and will not have anything to do with this process. Most of them are actually closed to visitors except by appointment only. Even at that, they will not allow foreigners to even enter the gate to the compound.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-26 23:44:13 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-8-26 20:15
You need to learn to think outside the box, Dee:rie; the foreign teachers based in China owe their ...
owe their jobs to CHINESE TEACHERS who are incompetent

I disagree. I think that foreign teachers in China owe their jobs in China to Deng's opening up policy, or going further, the facts that made it closed to begin with, or events that took place within - take cultural revolution for example. That left Chinese population needing a fast track to sort out and fix everything, and one of those things is English language.

I believe that this reflects also on why Chinese parents go to such (possibly misplaced) lengths to seek those opportunities for their children - both in overseas study trips and local training centres.

In the timespan from late 70s to today, there simply hasn't been enough time to build a competent education culture in China, especially for something as alien as foreign languages.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-26 23:45:26 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-8-26 12:59
That may well be the case, but  just because foreign teachers are  required to prance around the c ...

The State's minimum teaching requirement is a joke, and you know it. The State requires that the "foreign teacher" must have a minimum Bachelor's Degree. As it stands now, it doesn't matter which field that degree is in. According to the State, I could have a Bachelor's Degree in Science (BSc). Does that qualify me to be a teacher? No, it does not. However, in China, it does. The only purpose that a Bachelor's Degree serves, is to ensure that all students are at the same academic level before going on to the next level of education, the Master's Degree. A Master's Degree denotes a specialization in your chosen field of study. A Doctoral Degree denotes that you are an expert in that field, and have gone on to specialize even further, to a sub-field of the main subject,  ie. BSc in Science -> MSc in Physics -> PhD in Nanotechnology.

If you want properly qualified teachers of English, then you need to follow the route of MA.Ed with a specialization in Teaching English to Students of Other Languages. Only then will you have "properly" qualified English Teachers. However, in China, they would probably still be required to sing and dance for the students.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-26 23:56:48 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-8-26 23:23
Employers are asking the job seekers to verify the authentication of their documents because the C ...
Chinese Consul-General's offices cannot, and will not have anything to do with this process.

I wonder what you are talking about?

Every formal document that is to be used in another country, is to go through a multi-step authentication process, if which the final step is always legalization in consulate of the country where the document is to be used, located in the country where the document originates from.

For example, if you want to make an US college degree (or trade document, or marriage certificate, or whatever) legal in China, your last authentication step MUST be at a Chinese consulate in USA.

This is a standard international practise, and one of the main responsibiltiies of all foreign consulates everywhere, including Chinese consulates abroad.

There is a simplilfied system called "Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents", but China is not signatory to that convention - thus all foreign documents to be used in China need to be legalized in a Chinese consulate.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.