Author: knox1234

Many foreign teachers in China don't have teaching certificates   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-8-29 17:35:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Liononthehunt at 2017-8-29 17:36
seneca Post time: 2017-8-29 17:12
You are right RE "sack": you are exhausted and need to hit the sack. Sleep well, Wrinkle-Face.

So feeble. Your humiliating experience still rankles.

Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-29 18:52:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Liononthehunt at 2017-8-29 18:58
seneca Post time: 2017-8-28 11:01
FIrst off, you must have noticed that Knox is a rookie hack just like several other frequent pos ...
Do you know that no one in China studies English literature except those at normal colleges?

You apparently enjoy parading your ignorance.
At least 20 years before, foreign language teaching institutes in China required students to extensively read stuff in English, including novels, the youngsters majoring in English were given internally published books and publications from English-speaking countries that were not meant for the public at that time. Even today, I can still have my hands on those old copies stacked on the bookshelf of one of my siblings.
You'd better zip your loose mouth up on this.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-8-29 20:34:19 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-29 21:29:30 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-8-29 20:34
My greatest humiliation is being admired and stalked by Wrinkle-Face the Cretin.

I will let you go if anyone outstrips you in telling unscrupulous lies. You have claimed the top spot for too long.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-8-30 10:48:23 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-30 11:22:20 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-8-28 10:50
You have misunderstood the purpose of the government's minimum requirement for a uni degree, of an ...

A university education according to whose standards? Chinese universities are nothing more than glorified high schools, especially for English. An MA in Education would ensure modern teaching methodologies and practices. A Master's in TESOL would also ensure that teaching English to students of Other Languages (a speciality) would be more uniform across the board, and may even put a stop to this ridiculous practice of Chinese schools only wanting FT's to sing songs and play games. Mind you, that's perfectly fine for elementary school students, whose attention spans are extremely brief. Playing games and singing songs will get them to accomplish the tasks at hand, which consist solely of speaking the target language. However, games and singing are not appropriate for junior high school and up, as oral skills are required to reinforce what they learn in the Chinglish grammar classes. What is required of foreign teachers does not, in any way, shape, or form, enable a "reasonably good knowledge of English" or prepare them for "further studies abroad".

A minimum of a university degree does not ensure that people have "broadened their mind". There are many professions that are NOT taught at a university level: Accountant, Nurse, Architect and Veterinarian are just four examples of highly paid professions which are taught at a College level. College degrees are not recognized in China. Only university degrees. Architecture and Veterinary Science actually have their own schools, and are separate from most Colleges and Universities. Nursing has its own school as well, but it is usually "attached" to a college. For example, Medicine Hat College School of Nursing. Many College diplomas are also "equivalents" to Bachelor's degrees. You have exactly the same education as a Bachelor's degree holder, but at approximately half the cost, less time, and sometimes done through classroom and/or online learning, or a combination thereof. As a matter of fact, you can research British Columbia's "Provincial Instructor's Diploma". This is a teaching certificate that qualifies a person to teach in any of British Columbia or Alberta's Colleges. It can take the same amount of time, and is an equivalent to a Master's Degree in Education, however, because it does not come from a "University", one cannot use it to teach basic English in China. Not even "Spoken English".

You do NOT need a university education to teach "Spoken English". Any mother can tell you that.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-30 11:30:36 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-8-28 00:14
I have done the process about 5 times in as many years, at a Chinese consulate in my home country. ...

Oh, I know all about VFS Global. Especially the one in Beijing, where my wife was told that $3500.00 CAD was not enough money for a 2-week trip to Canada, and that she had to have at least $250,000 in her bank account. I and the Canadian Embassy quickly squared them away on that! Unfortunately, CD will not allow me to post what I would like to say about those %#$*@!
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.