Author: ktbond

What are the targets that TRULY matter in WWIII?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-12-18 23:01:53 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-12-18 16:14
What is the name of that insect crawling in your avatar?

It never needs to rest, eat or do anythi ...
same reasons they started WWI and WWII

You would do well to understand that lack of the economic integration (which I mentioned above) is what set both WW1 and WW2 in motion. After the two wars, countries in Europe and North America have pursued economy as vehicle for peace.

Certainly these countries were was trapped in geopolitical rivaly with Soviet Union for a long time, which also has a lot to do with these rivals not being economically integrated together.

Meanwhile former enemy Japan was integrated to same economy, as was South Korea, and you can observe how it worked for those countries.

Your argument that the "financiers" would have started the previous world wars is quite off.

WW1 was put in motion by assassination of Franz Ferdinand, who was heir to the wealthy dynasty that ruled Austria-Hungary. Ethnic tensions contributed to that murder more than any financial interests, and Hitler's campaign was driven by nothing but illusions of racial superiority.

If anything, it was the economic interests of the financiers, neutral to questions of ethnicity or race that created the two world wars, that brought peace to western Europe.

It took a good while to have rest of the world, China included, to share this economic integration. But it was done, and should only be taken further for continued peace.

Financiers didn't start or stop world wars, but they have prevented new ones. Much more effectively than you would prevent anything by pointing your nukes at them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-19 22:18:26 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2018-12-18 23:01
You would do well to understand that lack of the economic integration (which I mentioned above)  ...

Well written!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-20 06:58:11 |Display all floors

I don't know much about it but, if there's such thing as  WWIII, I certainly will like to see the liberation of territories and indigenous natives from centuries long Colonization.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-20 12:34:05 |Display all floors
horatiokim Post time: 2018-12-20 06:58
I don't know much about it but, if there's such thing as  WWIII, I certainly will like to see the ...

It should be noted, that anywhere where colonization (by whatever name you call it) has occurred, the indigenous natives are overly represented in the poorest and generally worst off part of the population.

Of course, that's probably why you suggest that they should be liberated in the first place.

However, when a war breaks, people in this segment usually suffer the most, and that's regardless of who wins the war.

Even if the result of the war would lead to their liberation, common scenario after every such liberation is a civil war to determine which sub-group of the newly liberated gets to rule everyone else.

But I still agree on the principle of importance of liberation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-22 21:02:08 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-12-18 16:14
What is the name of that insect crawling in your avatar?

It never needs to rest, eat or do anythi ...

the darn bug feeds on injustice...

there's too much food for it thanks to all them roaming criminals!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-26 21:21:31 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2018-12-20 12:34
It should be noted, that anywhere where colonization (by whatever name you call it) has occurred,  ...

just cut the crap luv

the "importance of liberation" is nothing next to returning the lands to the natives!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-26 23:07:00 |Display all floors
ktbond Post time: 2018-12-26 21:21
just cut the crap luv

the "importance of liberation" is nothing next to returning the lands to th ...
returning the lands to the natives

Yes, I believe that's exactly what "horatiokim" was referring to, and with which I concur (however acknowledging the cost of that return).  Liberating the natives to rule their own land.

And that applies, whether the natives in question would be American, African, Tibetan, or Taiwanese.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.