Author: JFenix

White America’s Unshakeable Confidence in the Police   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-7-27 23:01:54 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-7-27 22:59
I don't mind if my future husband is a police officer.  But of course he needs to be a good one with ...

Protect you?  lol

Talk to any survivor of domestic violence and ask them if the police protected them or cared about their lives.

Police don't protect us, they punish us and sometimes they kill us.  But protect?  I'm not feeling it.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-27 23:08:43 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-7-27 23:06
You have to admit JFenix there is always some good policemen in this world who possesses good sense  ...

I could respect them if the good police didn't shelter the bad police.  But how it works is they all stick together and hide abuses.  

The police is so corrupt they have lost all of my confidence.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-27 23:11:27 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-7-27 23:06
You have to admit JFenix there is always some good policemen in this world who possesses good sense  ...

I do not pity police.  They get holidays just like the rest of working americans.  They have more benefits and are above the law.  They can do anything they want including killing unarmed men and they walk free - always.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-27 23:19:11 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-7-27 23:16
Do they enjoy holidays as you do in emergency, say something happens e.g. murder or public riots or  ...

They have shifts and holidays off just like everyone else.

Doctors do emergency calls, police work their shifts and go home.  Not many emergencies unless we're talking about another 9/11 that would make a police officer work more than their normal shift.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-27 23:47:29 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-7-27 23:16
Do they enjoy holidays as you do in emergency, say something happens e.g. murder or public riots or  ...

Do fast food workers enjoy holidays off?  Does anyone weep for them?

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2017-7-28 04:30:25 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2017-7-27 23:11
I do not pity police.  They get holidays just like the rest of working americans.  They have more  ...

You know JF, the situations they get in in the US I'm sure their bums go boo, and many of the people wrongly shot by Police are through fear of being killed themselves.

I served 12 years when i was young in the UK 4 years in uniform and 8 on CID. Even though the UK is not such a violent county, and there are nowhere near as many guns, that with the fact that in the late seventies early eighties it was nowhere near as violent.

Now having said that, many of the situations I found myself in got my adrenalin going and my bum going boo. And perhaps I acted in more of an aggressive manner because of that,

So unless you have been up the sharp end and in situations like they find themselves in you cannot possible understand. I was surprised to read your post as you worded it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-28 04:42:23 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2017-7-28 04:30
You know JF, the situations they get in in the US I'm sure their bums go boo, and many of the peop ...
So unless you have been up the sharp end and in situations like they find themselves in you cannot possible understand. I was surprised to read your post as you worded it.

I have been almost killed several times.  I lived with a violent man for eight years.   I have also been raped, attacked and stolen from.

And...I feel I have more bravery than our coward police.  I'm sorry, I get what you are saying, but our police here are horrible.    I have no sympathy for them whatsoever.   They never cared about me when I feared for my life.  I had protection orders and was still terrorized and the police?  They would do nothing.  They acted like they didn't care at all.  If he had done those things to another person besides me, my ex would still be in jail.  

There was a recent case in ohio where an officer was killed.  A domestic violence case where this man tried to kill his girlfriend.  He was released in two weeks and went to on to shoot her.  The cop just got in the way so he shot him first, walked into her place of business and shot her and another co-worker.  Why was this guy released after two weeks?  They don't charge them with attempted murder if its a girlfriend or spouse.  Its just a 'domestic dispute'.

The police in the US do not protect anyone.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.