Author: JFenix

White America’s Unshakeable Confidence in the Police   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-7-28 20:52:57 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-28 20:57:05 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-7-28 07:27
Fatdragon seems to demolize U.S. society.  I would think Americans are also ordinary people with nor ...

He seems to dislike the USA...as do many people.
But yes, far too many guns in the USA.

And with a country full of people from all over the world who call the USA home you will find almost every kind/type of person.....good and bad.
And the bad makes the news headlines, sells more.

In the USA less than 0.5 percent of the population serves in the armed forces, and he thinks they are the problem.(fatdragon....."awash with ex-military, many of them dysfunctional sociopaths")
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-28 21:35:37 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2017-7-28 14:25
Dear, my comments made before I read the other posters comments. I am not siding with them to anno ...

I respect your opinion austin.  no worries.  

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-28 23:15:54 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2017-7-28 20:08
The USA is a violent country full of guns, because you are all scared of each other, and awash wit ...

The perception of violence is worse than the reality.  Especially if you're not close to it.  One imagines it to be worse than it really is.  I grew up in the country.  My family lives there.  When I moved to Columbus, I moved to one of the safest neighborhoods in the city.  However, my family had this violent image of the city where when my niece came to stay with me, she was told not to walk the streets and stay inside after 10 pm.   You could walk down the streets topless at 3am and not be in any danger - it was that safe.  But the perception of violent crime driven by Hollywood and all the crime shows on TV makes it worse than reality.

Much of this fear is our gun culture, but also from fear of minorities.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-28 23:17:45 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-7-28 10:38
For any abusive man, I guess a hardest lesson is compulsory to teach them to be permenantly away fro ...

Why is attempted murder not attempted murder if its your spouse?

How is it a lessor crime which may or many not be punished, while the other a felony crime?

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-28 23:21:17 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-7-28 10:43
Now the police re as uncivilised and unruly as the rabble they are supposed to control.

I note  ...
I note that your heart goes out with the rabble, the mob, the low lives, the crooks, the criminals...

My heart goes out to EVERY CITIZEN.

Its not just criminals that are getting killed.  There are now classes on 'how to survive a traffic stop with police'.   People are getting killed for what starts out as broken taillights, seat belt violations, jay walking, and just calling 911 like Justine.

We shouldn't need a class on how to 'survive' encounters with police.

This does not serve the interests of the public.  

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-28 23:22:15 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-7-28 10:48
You are ridiculous. "...not bad pay..." when others make 50, 100 an hour... And for 28 U.S. yuan ...
50, 100 an hour...

Who is making that?  Not the average citizen...that is for sure.  

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.