Author: linda_sun

Toronto woman: If you cannot speak English, go back to China!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-6-10 12:09:51 |Display all floors
thundercats Post time: 2017-6-9 17:55
After living in Asia for some time, the last time I went back to the USA, I was waiting to cross t ...
China is probably one of the most unequal countries in the world, where guanxi is extremely important.

In most societies in the world the people who advance in society have the benefit of "guanxi". Even in my own family my mother was disinherited because she married a man considered to be below her social status.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-10 12:33:16 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-6-9 18:00
I feel zero confortable with Americans or Brits in China - they look weird, talk weird & behaves awk ...
they look weird, talk weird & behaves awkwardly

Some of the foreigners certainly look "weird". However, there is weird and 'weird' and a large number of Chinese youths have very weird haircuts these days.

I am sure there are foreigners who could be regarded as talking weird as is revealed in this forum but some of the Chinese posters can be positively creepy when they get out a thesaurus and string big words together in meaningless exchanges. Does anybody ever marry them?

Not sure about the behaving "awkwardly" - that hasn't come across.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-10 12:42:51 |Display all floors
thundercats Post time: 2017-6-9 21:52
I've actually never talked to the old ones, so I don't know what they're doing in Asia. But I've s ...
You know, people who have to live on social welfare can't afford to leave the US. You are actually meeting the more capable ones....just not the most capable.

I have met a number of very capable (Professors) Americans and Chinese Americans living in China but they were all retired or semi retired.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-10 12:45:21 |Display all floors
Chinaman2017 Post time: 2017-6-10 02:27
You finally write english

I look forward to the day when you progress to English.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-10 15:08:30 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-6-10 14:11
I prefer Americans in America.  Some of them would have become greasily insincere in Asia.  Don't  ...

It is difficult to create a definition of a person based on a geographical area. Our government's policies towards other nations show us in a bad light and our media fill us with false illusions of our own self importance.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2017-6-10 16:04:39 |Display all floors
Another storm in a tea cup
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-11 00:39:56 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2017-6-10 12:02
Chinese people don't tell anybody that they look fat or are getting old or queue jump or spit (and ...

I've been in China for long time, China has changed, and so did the people.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.