Author: linda_sun

Toronto woman: If you cannot speak English, go back to China!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-6-14 10:05:22 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-6-14 09:11
I have extremely mixed impressions of Chinese people's attitude to Mandarin-speaking outsiders.  ...

It's not just the laowais. They think everyone not born and raised in Mainland China is a possible spy. It is the communist mentality.

I am just a regular internet user that learned I can't express my love for China online without being accused of being a spy. And then when I say I don't love China anymore, they can't accept that either. What do they want?

Well, just for the record, I never loved modern China. It is the old China I loved and still do.

Have you ever seen one of those small, red pocket chinese-english english-chinese dictionaries? It was in my friend's suitcase, it showed up on the x-ray machine at the Chinese airport, and the Chinese airport officer accused my friend of trying to bring a stack of cash into China. He was like, why are you bringing so much cash into China? They opened the suitcase and found a dictionary. That was over 10 years ago. Are things better today?

They are suspicious of everyone. It is xenophobia. It's a joke they think they are free of it. It's like they don't know how much friendlier the world outside is. Complete lack of awareness about everything. Never been outside of China, but they know everything about what the rest of the world is like, through the movies and TV. Wow. Super smart. Not.

Anyway, I'm ranting outside of China. I'm so glad I found out the easy way, you know. Glad I didn't have to suffer in China to learn about communism. The Mainland Chinese do exclude even ethnic Chinese of foreign nationalities. You find out they are jealous too, but anyway, as a foreign national, your ethnicity is irrelevant, you are an outsider. Well, today I am glad to be one. I gladly call myself an outsider with the Mainland Chinese.

The consequences of such false accusation never goes away I think. I just don't like Chinese like I used to anymore. One disgusting behavior after another, though sometimes they make it up, but the initial bitter taste never goes away.

My experience with the Japanese was so much more pleasant. They were so much kinder, at least in real life. I don't know about the online experience. Maybe all the negative people gather online, and if you started talking about Japan online, you might get a taste of the negative Japanese? I don't know.

Don't know what happened to China, honestly. It's barely recognizable.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-14 10:07:40 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2017-6-14 09:13
I think these Chinese should go back to China. It is unacceptable for Chinese that can't speak Engli ...

No place like online, where you can be openly hateful, eh?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-14 11:36:21 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-6-14 10:29
Reported for irresponsible charges against Chinese government seneca, be careful.  Morning doze ha ...

You enjoying your role? lol Too bad you won't tell us more about yourself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-14 11:38:14 |Display all floors
thundercats Post time: 2017-6-14 10:05
It's not just the laowais. They think everyone not born and raised in Mainland China is a possible ...

re: Anyway, I'm ranting outside of China. I'm so glad I found out the easy way, you know.

I'm glad too that ya out of China.
Try to stay out

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-14 11:39:47 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2017-6-14 11:38
re: Anyway, I'm ranting outside of China. I'm so glad I found out the easy way, you know.

I'm gla ...

Try to stay out? You think I'm tempted in? Not very good at reading between the lines, are you?

An elephant couldn't drag me to China.

lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-14 11:41:44 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-6-14 11:40
I am not a Lesbian woman sorry.

Just because someone wants conversation, it doesn't mean they want to butter you up and have sex with you. Why would you think that?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-6-14 15:44:32 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.