Author: linda_sun

Toronto woman: If you cannot speak English, go back to China!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-6-14 06:52:02 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-6-13 11:04
I am looking for particular traits in meeting different people like honesty, sincerity or preferra ...

Ditto!!! I appreciate that in other people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-14 06:53:58 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-6-13 08:42
I assure you: Teardrop never will "meet the right people".

It seems he does not wish to; has 'pre-arranged' ideas about other people

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-14 07:27:43 |Display all floors
abcfirst Post time: 2017-6-13 13:35
Is there a law in Canada that one must know English to live and work there?  If there is, time to di ...

So you think it's okay for the Canadians and other westerners to live and work in China without knowing Chinese?

Hmm. Interesting. I guess Chinese don't care, right? Come to think of it, most Asians I know I guess wouldn't care, because I've never heard them complain.

Good. So you're not a hypocrite at least.

Yeah, it seems like something to be proud of to be Chinese during Qing Dynasty, though that wasn't the best dynasty ever, but I wouldn't mind being a Chinese citizen during Qing Dynasty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-14 07:53:21 |Display all floors
Chinaman2017 Post time: 2017-6-7 23:52
We Chinese people dont say such to foreigners. Thats why Chinese are much more civilized. Shame on t ...

> We Chinese people dont say such to foreigners.

You calling them "foreigners" is pretty offensive. You think you are cultured? So it's just a difference in culture. If you don't like western culture, simple, stay in China.

Do you know how embarrassing it looks, an Asian complaining about westerners in the westerners' own country? He looks like a fool.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-14 07:54:33 |Display all floors
1105852048 Post time: 2017-6-13 06:55
Perhaps in your dreams.

Yeah? Tell me which country you think is less racist than the USA?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-14 07:59:37 |Display all floors
I can imagine that the majority of Canadians of European descent live and work in Canada without knowing any of the languages of the native Canadian tribes. Not everybody has language skills and it is not reasonable to expect them to have.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-14 08:17:39 |Display all floors
1105852048 Post time: 2017-6-13 07:16
By now I think you are really a racist, based upon your comments, misguided as they are. Many fore ...

I think some westerners do make fun and laugh at Asians in private among themselves. I was talking to this Canadian on the plane, and she let that slip out.

It's just taboo in the west to be racist in public, but in private, I think people are all the same. But I admit it is shocking how openly racist some people are, it's just because it's their culture, but you're not used to it. This Korean was just so racist against blacks, it shocked me how casual she was about it. And the Europeans are quite racist, too. They are cold.

In SE Asia, people are racists, too, but they are a lot kinder. I used to think the Chinese were kind, too, but being on this forum has changed that opinion. Having lived in China, do you think the Chinese today are cruel?

The tourists in China aren't adapting so much, as they have manners. What you're seeing is just good manners. Because you don't see many westerners living and working in China and knowing good Chinese, do you?

About the Chinese tourists, I really wonder what happened to them, why have they become so lacking in manners? Were lawlessness and violence and dirtiness encouraged in China 1950-1980? One would think so, because they only do outside of China what is acceptable in China. Do you know any Chinese who left China before 1949? I do, lots of them, and they don't behave like that in the new countries they emigrate to. They are much more normal to world standards. Some left China with their feet bounded, but no one was defecating in the streets.

I actually thought the western news outlet were lying when they said the Chinese were pooping everywhere. When I was in China, I saw no one pooping in the streets. Do you actually see that, having lived in China. Ok, urinating, that's not as shocking for the guys, as I've seen guys doing that in other countries. But Chinese women actually squat to urinate too? Have you seen that? I just wonder how common it is.

I used to be so mad, I thought western media was trying to paint the picture of Chinese as animals. Because that's what dogs do. And then I saw the youtube videos, and I was like, omg. But then I wonder if it is common? I talk to you, because you seem sensible, fair, honest, and non-abusive.

Like, I've never seen spitting in China either. I was there total maybe 2 weeks, a week in the south, a week in the north. No spitting, no pooping, no urinating. Some unhappy people. Some helpful people. Nothing so weird, except for citizens being punished by holding up traffic signs. That was embarrassing.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.