Views: 14101|Replies: 48

Should parents take charge of kid's 'yasuiqian'(gift money)   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-2-17 16:05:53 |Display all floors
On a train from Nanchangxi to Xiamenbei, a 5-year-old girl attempted to run away from her mother with her gift money and unfortunately got caught by a conductor. The conductor asked her what's wrong and the girl didn't say a word but kept crying. Later the conductor got the message from carriage 3, saying that they've got a woman who said that her daughter was missing. So the conductor brought the girl to carriage 3, and it turnes out she was, not surprise, the missing daughter.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-17 16:06:37 |Display all floors
The girl named Ruirui, recieved about 2000 RMB during the Spring Festival. Ruirui had begged her parents to use this money to buy a 'dream house' for her Barbie doll, and they agreed at first. And then her parents found out that this 'dream house' actually costs a lot, even through internet it still priced no less than a thousand. So they broke their promise and didn't buy it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-17 16:06:55 |Display all floors
Ruirui begged her mother for the second time on the train but her mother gave her many reasons not buying it, and formally announced that the money will be used as fees for tutorial classes. Ruirui cried to protest but her mother didn't listen to her. She decided to take the money and run away as a result.

The mother thought that Ruirui is too small to take charge of money, and just let her cry a little and she would be fine. She defenitely couldn't imagine her girl would run away because of the confiscation of her money.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-17 16:09:11 |Display all floors
This issue as well as other issue alike evokes dispute over whether parents should let children take charge of their yasuiqian or not.
What's your opinion?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-17 17:22:38 |Display all floors
There is nothing wrong for parents to be charge of their kids' red envelops, since they have no idea on how to manage the money. When I was a child, I got red envelops from my parents and relatives. It was about RMB 100 each. Always, I had no right on how to spend it or not, because my mother, who was in charge of the finance of the family, would always tell me, “I will take care of it for you.”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-18 20:58:20 |Display all floors
celinawang Post time: 2017-2-17 17:22
There is nothing wrong for parents to be charge of their kids' red envelops, since they have no idea ...

When I was a child, I think giving my yasuiqian to mom and dad is only natural. As I grew up and found hoe silly I was then I had a long conversation with them, and they allowed me to take care of my own money. And they have kept their word, never ask how I spend it, even if they might have figured out that I usually spend it on some prety stupid things.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-2-19 10:37:35 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.