Views: 18137|Replies: 272

Journalist suspended for being unprofesional   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-9-23 16:11:43 |Display all floors
journo1.jpg

A Chinese journalist working for Xiamen TV has been suspended after pictures of her interviewing volunteers helping to clean up after the recent typhoon Meranti while holding an umbrella and wearing sunglasses. Those doing the volunteering did not have the benefit of such protection.

Comments on Weibo are mixed, some saying that the punishment is too harsh while others say it is OK as long as she was not specifically told not to do interviews in this way.

As things stand it is not clear if the ban will be lifted of if the journalist should lose her job over this matter.

What do you think? Should journalists be smart and profesional? Should they have respect for those they are interviewing? Is is OK to act in this manner on an autumn day when those around did not see the need for such proitection?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-23 19:42:29 |Display all floors
She may be more sensitive to the sun that others.

But much ado about nothing.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-9-23 20:08:49 |Display all floors
Saul Post time: 2016-9-23 19:42
She may be more sensitive to the sun that others.

But much ado about nothing.

My guess is she is just more vain than other

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-23 20:13:20 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-9-23 07:08
My guess is she is just more vain than other

Could be.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-9-23 20:24:38 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-23 20:46:19 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-9-23 20:24
Even if that is true, there is no ethics involved and no reason to punish her.

By the way: why r ...

My Seneca Sir, when I posted the thread I was unaware it had already been posted. How many original threads do you post? How about contributing something to the site instead of deliberately digging at others?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-9-24 09:49:50 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.