Author: L_Huntzberger

14-Year-Old Royce Mann Writes Nobel Prize Quality Poem on White Racism   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-8-7 20:22:27 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2016-8-7 19:14
Change happens in our children's generation.

That is where I have seen political correctness wo ...

For me racism wasn't an issue for me but those who wish to capitalise on the issue of racism have decided to make it one for me and I am frankly not impressed at being forced to take a side against those who are in all likelihood are far more racist than I am.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-7 20:28:09 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2016-8-7 19:21
We all know racism still exists.

Calling it out and actively challenging racism is not a ploy for ...
Its not about wanting to be a victim, but demanding equal respect.

When protestors disrupt UK society with 'Black Lives Matter' protests, often involving violence, when it is an American issue then they are not going to attract much 'equal respect'. If they want respect then they should stop demanding and demonstrate that they have earned it.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-7 23:29:59 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2016-8-7 20:22
For me racism wasn't an issue for me but those who wish to capitalise on the issue of racism have  ...

I guess it doesn't really matter if racism is an issue to you.  Its an issue to those affected by it.  I have been affected by it personally.  

And really its time to stop thinking of people's feelings on whether or not they want to face the issues of racism or not.

When I had my daughter (who was half-black), I was told by my own mother that I wasn't allowed to come back home.  She would sneak out and see me and the baby, but her significant other 'didn't agree' with my child, so it would have to be that way.

Back then - people were expected to take crap like that.  I was told you 'can't force people' and to be 'patient'.

But nowawaydays - screw all that politeness.  If something isn't right - its not right.  Say something - stand up for yourself.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-7 23:33:10 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-8-7 19:59
I have formed the impression that if certain people were denied the privilege of regarding thems ...

So you think muslims complaining about islamophobia are just trying to get attention?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-8 02:34:06 |Display all floors
who is Hillary Clinton?

Hillary is the Bernie Sanders of her generation . More liberal, more progressive than her husband. Very popular with the baby boomer generation.

The millennial generation too will get to love Hillary once they get to know Hillary over the next 100 days.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-8 09:11:36 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2016-8-7 23:29
I guess it doesn't really matter if racism is an issue to you.  Its an issue to those affected by  ...

You missed the point that DEMANDING respect is counter productive. A few months ago I saw a clip of an American black man trying to intimidate a policeman by shouting at him, screaming insults and adopting a VERY aggressive posture although not actually attacking him. Well sorry to tell you that the DEMANDING didn't work and it just got the black man killed thereby reinforcing the concept that respect has to be earned.

You stick your face in my face and start issuing insults and DEMANDS that I need to respect you and you are getting confrontational. As a result I have absolutely no reason to like you or respect anything other than the threat that you pose. Well congratulations because you will just have provoked some racist thoughts that didn't exist before. Keep making your demands and you are going to reinforce those thoughts to the point that it will become obvious that there is no hope for reconciliation.

Conversely, if you act in a civilised fashion and demonstrate that you are not a threat to me then I might even get to like you and consider you a friend. I am a great believer in passive education on these matters and I do mean passive. Drawing attention to colour and then brainwashing children by making an issue of colour is not a route to go. Passing laws that prohibit debate is equally wrong. Bad behaviour needs to be addressed as it occurs or you end up alienating innocents who might otherwise have been your friend.

You may well say that your demands are not aggressive but I see the newspapers and I know the reality of what has been happening in America's multicultural society where some have successfully integrated and those with a chip on their shoulder have gone in the opposite direction. Perhaps they might have some justification for being angry at perceived injustices but I have found that being angry isn't the path to reconciliation but discussion, such as we are having here, can work if only both parties are prepared to listen.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-8 09:24:06 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2016-8-7 23:33
So you think muslims complaining about islamophobia are just trying to get attention?

There was virtually no islamophobia until terrorists started committing atrocities to get attention for the causes of Islam.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.