Author: voice_cd

In memory of the Long March     [Copy link] 中文

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-6-30 12:12:38 |Display all floors
Between 2500 and 10000 people died during The Bataan Death March (1942), most to brutality and abuse rather than harsh conditions.
After legislating the Indian Removal Act (1830), American troops forcibly marched various Native tribes off the fertile land they'd occupied for centuries, into unsettled land that did not necessarily yield as well. More than 10000 died of exposure, illness, starvation and abuse along the way.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - said George Santayana.
When will we ever learn???
The journey IS the destination!

Use magic tools Report

CD top contributor in April

Post time 2016-6-30 14:03:45 |Display all floors
It's great in Chinese history. It not only changes China's history but the structure in the world today. We see the course and effect in Chinese history. Though the Red Army was weaker than the government's army, but the stronger army of the government was defeated in the end. People at that time started to support the army led by the Communist Party after the war between Japan and China. During this 60 years, China has helped the Chinese people improve their life, though the country has experienced some difficult times. It is Chinese government led by the Communist Party that has done lots of reform in economy, culture and so on. The Chinese Communist Party deserves to be compliment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-30 15:05:51 |Display all floors

Dear Voice

Can you tell us what the Red Army did?
They acted abusively with people?
They were in solidarity with the people or the government?
How really was the performance of the Red Army?

I have hear terrible stories of abuses from red army and it could be interesting your comments too. Thank you.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-30 15:09:17 |Display all floors
teamkrejados Post time: 2016-6-30 12:12
Between 2500 and 10000 people died during The Bataan Death March (1942), most to brutality and abuse ...
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - said George Santayana.
When will we ever learn???

And do you know how many Chinese died in the Cultural Revolution?
Share with us your "knowledge"
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-6-30 18:44:14 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2016-6-30 15:09
And do you know how many Chinese died in the Cultural Revolution?
Share with us your "knowledge" ...

Everything I've read only indicates 'hundreds of thousands' or 'millions'. I don't know that there is an actual death toll of that time.
And what would you count? Only those who were persecuted to death? Those who fell ill and died because they were denied medical care? Those so despondent they took their own lives? Or only the actual 'statistics': those who starved to death, those who died in prison or while being interrogated? Those who were worked to death? If so, then the death toll must surely be in the millions.
The journey IS the destination!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-30 21:34:04 |Display all floors
You are welcome to leave your comments.

You of All the people should know best that this Forum is invested with foreign China haters.

You should have been aware that you give them free ammo to carry on

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-30 22:56:44 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2016-6-30 21:34
You are welcome to leave your comments.

You of All the people should know best that this Forum is i ...

You need to learn the difference between criticism and hate. Not everyone who hates, criticizes, and vice versa.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.