Author: huaqiao

Straight form the horse's mouth (South China Sea) [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-6-16 10:59:00 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-6-16 11:03:30 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-16 17:49:19 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2016-6-16 17:50
seneca Post time: 2016-6-16 11:03
Well, thanks for the rich background information about Mr Duterte. I don't care much about this gu ...
What the U.S.A. makes of Mr Duterte is not my concern; what he has publicly said, and what he is on record for is what matters. And that is nothing to be proud of.

Duterte is on record as saying he does not want the USA to interfere in his administration. That's the only thing that matters in the bilateral negotiations that he wants with China regarding the islands dispute which he views as a bilateral issue between his country and China, which is exactly the position held by China.

His election has opened up a can of worms.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-16 19:31:06 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2016-6-16 09:26
It's just one person's opnion academically it's worthless it's not inderpendent nor balanced with  ...

There are facts supporting China's side of the argument but of course it depends on whether one is willing to accept them or not. In your case you don't, even if it is presented right in front of you. Many people supporting one side does not mean they are right. That could mean just herd-mentality or wanting to stand on the popularity side. What makes it right is the truth and the facts. You should produce your facts of your argument and show that I am wrong. I am always ready to be corrected.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-16 19:46:07 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-6-16 10:59
Yes, yes, China has always been willing to "negotiate" - but not the way others do. China's juni ...

The dispute got serious in the 1970s when oil was reportedly found there. Manila then started to occupy some of the islands without consulting anyone. Even so, China did not flare up but insisted on bi-lateral negotiations and also did not send warships to chase the illegal occupants out. No "kowtowing" involved there but consistent invitation to negotiate.

Of course, after occupying the islands for some time, Philippines started to claim sovereignty over them using "proximity" as the excuse. Not only that, Philippines is also falsely accusing China of "intimidation" hoping to gain sympathy from the world. Do find out more.

Has China ever treated anyone as an equal???

I believe I have answered your question. Not only that but also with patience.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-6-16 19:47:21 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2016-6-16 19:31
There are facts supporting China's side of the argument but of course it depends on whether one is ...

There are no facts just an opnion, a ruling from the International Court against China was not mentioned why was that ? I do believe the ruling went against China care to explain that as well.
Why won't China talk to Vietnam about the theft of their territorial waters?
Why are the Chinese trying to prevent the freedom of navigation in the South a China Sea?
These are just some questions that we arnt addressed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-16 22:53:09 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2016-6-16 19:47
There are no facts just an opnion, a ruling from the International Court against China was not men ...

Read this link

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/wor ... ontent_25733126.htm

Next time don't expect me to provide you the source. You should do your part instead of being lazy. All you do is asking but do you know that by asking what you have just done, you actually show that you don't know much about the issue and facts at all? Do you think you can get the upper hand by throwing questions?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.