Author: BlondeAmber

Fake recruiter warning [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-5-30 21:45:31 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-5-30 15:00
Why is the T word not on the banned list? It is one of the nastiest words in the English language.  ...

cant really escape it in life
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-5-30 22:10:08 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-30 23:14:54 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2016-5-29 22:29
That's why you have the labour bureau who will advise the company to settle, or risk losing its li ...

Wow ... you really ARE naive, aren't you? The Labour Bureau has nothing to do with Foreign/Chinese interactions.They have absolutely no say whatsoever when it comes to the issuing or revoking of licenses to hire foreigners. It's the Foreign Expert's Bureau (State Administration of Foreign Expert's Affairs - SAFEA) that has control over licenses. They, on the other hand will tell BOTH parties to either settle the dispute amicably, or take their case to arbitration. This generally means that the school waits until the contract runs out and then just hires somebody else. Foreigners do not hire arbitrators because the system is so convoluted and expensive, that they are prevented from even requesting an arbitrator. Even if they ARE successful and manage to hire one, the school/employer/recruiter will see that the case never gets settled, through bribes, and/or deception.

Have you ever even read a contract between a foreigner and a Chinese company/school? I doubt it. They are heavily weighted in the company/school's favour. ANYTHING can be used as an excuse to fine/fire a foreign employee ... and I do mean "anything". On the other hand, schools operate with impunity, and can intimidate, threaten, and even coerce foreign experts into doing precisely what they,  the school/employer, wants. The fine is a maximum of USD $3000, or the equivalent in RMB. There is no "fine commensurate to the crime". The maximum is always demanded when the school/employer does not get its own way. If the FE demands that the school/employer pay a fine, they are almost always laughed out of the office. Schools/employers/recruiters have also been known to hire thugs to beat the crap out of FT's in order to "settle" disputes, and "remind" them that they are in China and MUST do what their "host" orders them to do. Please note that I did not say "ask".

And yes, everything I stated here can be proven. There are a myriad of websites which record abuses against FE's/FT's by Chinese schools, companies, and recruiters. Google is your friend.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-30 23:18:24 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2016-5-30 19:18
I was contacted by a friend of a friend who was also spammed by these fakers.

yes, Beijingmagic edu ...

Globe_Talent has been spamming/scamming for years. Another one to avoid is Helen China TEFL.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-30 23:23:33 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2016-5-30 23:18
Globe_Talent has been spamming/scamming for years. Another one to avoid is Helen China TEFL.

keep that list coming !!

the schools that hire the illegal teachers are the ones that are lowering the standards in China, and they are NOT foreign, they are Chinese.
However, it is the Chinese schools who are crying crocodile tears when it comes to complaining about the poor standard of teachers and the 'back-packers' that are hired illegally.

Professionals will go where the standard of employment is fair and open.
By allowing fake/illegal recruiters to hire, China is continuing to damage its' own reputation internationally.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-5-31 06:50:14 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2016-5-30 21:45
cant really escape it in life

!Nothing is certain except death and ta**s," Benjamin Franklin

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-5-31 07:35:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2016-5-31 07:50
cmknight Post time: 2016-5-30 23:14
Wow ... you really ARE naive, aren't you? The Labour Bureau has nothing to do with Foreign/Chinese ...

Have I ever read a contract between a foreigner and a Chinese company. I should hope I have after 9 years working for the same company. You need to understand not every foreign worker is treated the same as a foreign teacher, and their contracts are certainly not the same. I was able to settle my dispute very quickly after taking advice on here from 2 very old posters, and I would have had no issue getting compo as well if things had gone further. I also have a gf who made inquiries, and everything was weighted in my favour!! hence the reason I am still here.....
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.