Author: BlondeAmber

Fake recruiter warning [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-5-29 22:26:38 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2016-5-29 22:13
it is better...
I can personally tell you its better, because I was recently in the same situation ...

Try collecting that compensation. It very rarely happens.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-5-29 22:29:11 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2016-5-29 22:26

That's why you have the labour bureau who will advise the company to settle, or risk losing its license to hire foreigners
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-29 22:31:41 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2016-5-29 22:13
it is better...
I can personally tell you its better, because I was recently in the same situation ...

It depends on where you are and how connected your employer is.

Bottom line, is ask whoever it is any and all questions relating to employment terms and conditions, ensure everything is outlined clearly in the contract, be aware that the Chinese contract is the one that is upheld and not the English version of the contract.
Don't take the word of the potential employer without some outside verification - even the more 'reputable' schools are not above trying to cheat their FT's.
Don't hand over any documents such as passport information, Degree information etc. unless you are 100% sure you are going to accept the contract - don't hand this information off first before you agree.

Many places try to bully or bluff their potential employees.

I was threatened with deportation by a scammer because I assured them that offering a 'F/L' visa was illegal.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-29 22:42:41 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2016-5-29 22:29
That's why you have the labour bureau who will advise the company to settle, or risk losing its li ...

That is an empty threat when the company/school is not licenced to hire in the first place.

Hence the suggestion that the potential employee ask for a scanned copy of the licence to hire a foreigner before continuing negotiations.

In many places the company would just get a token slap on the wrist while the foreign employee is heavily fined and deported with all the whistles and bells.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-29 22:43:15 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2016-5-29 22:26

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-5-29 22:53:50 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2016-5-29 22:42
That is an empty threat when the company/school is not licenced to hire in the first place.

Hence ...

I am not talking about companies who are not licensed to hire foreigners. foreign workers who take on jobs for these companies deserve everything they get. I was talking about my own personal experience which they backed down!!!
Teachers get screwed, but most of the time they deserve it, if they are working illegally
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-30 00:27:37 |Display all floors
Here's the name of another spamming charmer.

calls himself 'Yee-jobs in China'
it was a hilarious encounter as he threatened that the 'police would find me and catch me', when I pointed out to him that what he was suggesting (hiring on an L/F) was illegal.

What a loser !!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.