Views: 6602|Replies: 32

TRUMP STEAMROLLS INTO REPUBLICAN FINALE - CHINA'S NIGHTMARE OR DREAM COME TRUE?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-3-4 13:09:26 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2016-3-4 13:12

Not good news for China.  Trump continues steamrolling every rival as the Republican primary reaches its finale.  But, at least, Trump is understandable.  He wants trade to be balanced, and at the rate China is giving away the equivalent of Trump's entire net worth every week, buying its own shares (Yuans) with its export-earned dollars, of $10 billion dollars, at exuberant exchange rates that the global market would not offer and could not afford, wiping out all of China's 38 years of trade surpluses by China's "Economic Team" would have been accomplished before Trump ever takes office, if elected.  

So, no conflict.  Books should be already balanced.  But China remains nervous that Trump might slap a 45% tariff on all Chinese imports even after that.

Actually, it might be the best stimulus for China to then consume more of what it produces, achieving growth by increasing consumption, instead of relying on exports.  Making virtue out of necessity may find China and Trump agreeing wholeheartedly to raise the tariffs on each other.  In fact, it is puzzling why some of those who champion China undertaing "structural reforms" designed to wipe out China's manufacturing sector by means of Yuan overvaluation, would not prefer that the same manufacturing sector remain solvent and sound by simply producing for the domestic market, as a Trump victory would necessitate.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-4 20:04:11 |Display all floors
More of a nightmare for Chertov, Zakheim & Co. it seems.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2016-3-5 04:24:24 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-5 14:02:01 |Display all floors
Maybe the embezzling of China's foreign currency reserves in the name of defending a Yuan that did not need any defending, but instead needed more devaluing, may finally run out of alibi's as Trump forces China into a trade war that benefits both economies far more than the present system allows.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-5 23:16:12 |Display all floors
trump isn't a threat to China. you underestimated him, trust me. in another word, you have been misled by the media.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-10 22:50:44 |Display all floors
A Hitler Trump in America will make everyone else look good.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-10 22:55:41 |Display all floors
If Trump wins......

America becomes a big bad dream for everyone.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.