Author: KIyer

Nationalism, Racism and Fascism made clearer   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-12-18 10:32:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2015-12-18 10:33
Revolutionar Post time: 2015-12-17 21:36
you mean Peng Liyuan's husband?

I hear he got his job because they wanted to show off a glamorous First Lady because America already had Michelle Obama.

You mean Michelle Obama the First Lady who hates America?
Everybody knows how blacks are treated in the U.S.A.

And the Obamas are no exception.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-18 11:40:11 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2015-12-18 10:32
You mean Michelle Obama the First Lady who hates America?
Everybody knows how blacks are treated i ...

its always good for a country when the minorities is in charge.

more Obamas and more power to Obama is good for America.

will China ever get a Uigher or Tibetan in charge?

how about a Manchu ?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-18 15:01:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2015-12-18 15:12
Revolutionar Post time: 2015-12-18 11:40
its always good for a country when the minorities is in charge.

more Obamas and more power to Oba ...

During the Yuan Dynasty, Uyghur Buddhists served in the Chinese Empire while the Manchus founded the Qing Dynasty. Both the Yuan and Qing Dynasty adopted Tibetan Buddhism and appointed the Dalai Lama to become their spiritual teacher in Beijing. There is a museum in the Forbidden City exhibiting the Tibetan Buddhist scrolls brought by the Tibetans to Beijing during the Qing Dynasty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-18 19:00:26 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2015-12-18 19:01

Not all cultures are similar but all cultures should be treated equally. If a nation is missing something from its own culture, it could borrow or adopt cultures from other countries. This has happened to China when the Chinese adopted Buddhism from the Tocharians. This also happened to Japan and Korea when the Japanese and Koreans adopted both Confucianism and Buddhism from China. This happened to China again when the Chinese adopted Marxism-Leninism from the Soviet Union. The wealth and power of a country does not make its culture "superior" especially if that country lacks the moral, spiritual, social and intellectual qualities of a high culture.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-18 21:34:23 |Display all floors
" Believing one country should be above others and have control over others, because one feels it is superior, is nationalism ".

Our Nationalists dont believe in control over ANYbody else, just control of and in our own Country.  

That's why they dont support intervention and involvement in the wars in the past and present in the middle-east, Lybia and Afghanistan.

Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-18 21:40:23 |Display all floors
KIyer: what strange definitions. Which dictionary have you used to define these words?
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-18 21:46:51 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2015-12-18 21:34
" Believing one country should be above others and have control over others, because one feels it is ...

I think KIyer meant "imperialism" not "nationalism".

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.