Author: KIyer

Nationalism, Racism and Fascism made clearer   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-12-21 14:10:51 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-12-21 12:24
"The election of Barrack (sic!) Obama …has been the greatest achievement…since the invention of  ...

The election of Obama has served them well. Has also served planet Earth well.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-21 14:14:12 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-12-21 12:21
We Europeans have no room for ethnicity-centred considerations in politics. Anyone who is a loca ...

Europeans all  talk only one.
There is no Europeans nation and no European citizens, they are still English, French, German etc. Have not seen a black President from Europe, or a  yellow one or a muslim one yet.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-21 14:16:19 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2015-12-21 00:19
You probably didn't read the right history books then.

The Chinese  can't read the history of many Chinese events because they are absent from the Chinese textbooks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-21 14:16:38 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2015-12-21 00:19
You probably didn't read the right history books then.

The Chinese  can't read the history of many Chinese events because they are absent from the Chinese textbooks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-21 14:25:13 |Display all floors
This is an honest question not a trolling!

Do you think their is an inherent difference in patriotism and nationalism? I personally see them as similar phenomenon. Patriotism has the bad habit of just being nationalism in disguise in my opinion.
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-21 14:37:40 |Display all floors
Incedius420 Post time: 2015-12-17 11:04
Have any proof that all nations, races an cultures are equal?  

Human history has proven over an ov ...

In a way though, that depends on how you define what is a superior race or a superior culture...

Is a superior culture richer? Creating more art? More independent of other over-powering cultures? containing more sub-cultures?

Whenever such discussions of brillaint cultures arise, so many fail to find a definition of a great culture. The idea of a great culture is independent, subjective to the thinker.

For example, I love Cuban culture. Having studied Cuban culture for a good part of my life, everything from The los santos religion, to the music and dance I truly PREFER this culture to many others. It personally piques my interest in a way other cultures do not but then I am biased as I love dancing and I love music with complicated drumming patterns. I could claim this culture to be superior as it is well insulated from American culture in a way so few other countries are and for such a small country it has a massive cultural output and yet, many would disagree with me. They may find the culture dull, boring. They may look at the social aspects of cuba and disagree as there is no entrepreneurial culture existing like it does in America.

Culture is multi-faceted and combines everything that makes up our lives. How can we say that one is superior to another when our very definition of culture is inherently subjective? It's like saying which is the greatest singer, it simply cannot be done.
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-12-21 15:35:48 |Display all floors
seanboyce88 Post time: 2015-12-21 16:25
This is an honest question not a trolling!

Do you think their is an inherent difference in patrioti ...
Do you think their is an inherent difference in patriotism and nationalism? I personally see them as similar phenomenon. Patriotism has the bad habit of just being nationalism in disguise in my opinion

Good point. I have wondered the same thing, until I noticed how people use the word 'nationalism' to characterize the patriotism of those who they dislike or consider their enemies.

English word meanings in practical use are very different from those in a dictionary. It is highly politicized word games in day to day use, particularly in media.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.