Author: KIyer

Nationalism, Racism and Fascism made clearer   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-12-20 17:14:11 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-20 17:25:11 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2015-12-20 16:55
in America, they democractically...without fear, favor or force choose a black guy to be President ...

what if the wrong guy gets elected?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-12-20 18:37:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2015-12-20 20:40
sfphoto Post time: 2015-12-20 18:03
Nationalism need not necessarily imply belief in a nation's supposed superiority but does require p ...

agree. Yours is the right definition of nationalism  as I would understand from looking in a dictionary.  I however deliberately used the way some people use the term to give a negative connotation to it when applied to nationalism in other countries as if it would lead them to become aggressive and imperialist.  Usually these are from people who are themselves the most nationalistic and their countries are the most aggressive and imperialist!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-20 19:43:37 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2015-12-20 19:49
KIyer Post time: 2015-12-20 18:37
Yours is the right definition of nationalism as I would understand from looking in a dictionary.  I however deliberately used the way some people use the term to give a negative connotation to it when applied to nationalism in other countries as if it would lead them to become aggressive and imperialist.  Usually these are from people who are themselves the most nationalistic and their countries are the most aggressive and imperialist!

Nationalism could lead to imperialism if the State invokes the "national interest" in imposing its will over other States. But this happens due to other factors not related to nationalism such as militarism, capitalism, fascism or totalitarianism.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-20 23:24:11 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2015-12-20 17:25
what if the wrong guy gets elected?

The wrong guy cannot be much do  much damage in a proper democracy.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-20 23:27:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2015-12-20 23:28
seneca Post time: 2015-12-20 17:14
There is a 5775-year-old Hebrew saying, "It does not matter whether the zebra is black and white ...

They can without fear or favor or force elect a black guy......Can you?

Can one besides America do that?....not counting black majority countries.

The election of Barrack Obama signifies the greatest height of achievement by mankind since the invention of agriculture.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-20 23:32:14 |Display all floors
The election of Barrack Obama signifies the greatest height of achievement by mankind since the invention of agriculture.

....the guys at the Nobel Prize understood the significance.....few others are as smart of those guys at the Noble Committee.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.