Views: 3665|Replies: 15

Russia-Turkey conflict - And the Winner Is.....   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-11-27 05:35:04 |Display all floors
The USA!!

Russia lost a jet fighter pilot, a plane a, helicopter, some level of trust it had in its neighbour... more to follow
Turkey lost the goodwill and trust of a neighbour, its friends across the border in Syria, a lot of business from Russia... more to follow
Both countries will likely take a long, long time to overcome the bitterness created between them.

This is the way things are now in the world. In most conflicts the real winner is safely, far away from where the action is.

My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-27 05:52:53 |Display all floors
I disagree. It's not clear that ANYONE won. Turkey's leader Erdogan does not want a defeat of Islamic extremism or an end to the Syrian civil war. So he made this mischief to prevent the tricky agreement between Russia and NATO to jointly prosecute war against Islamic extremism. Erdogan shares the aim to prevent NATO-Russian cooperation with odd bed-fellows (Israel and Saudi Arabia). We will see LATER if anyone won.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-27 05:58:16 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2015-11-27 07:52
I disagree. It's not clear that ANYONE won. Turkey's leader Erdogan does not want a defeat of Islami ...

Ted, Saudi Arabia and Israel are but proxies of the USA.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-27 06:12:23 |Display all floors

Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-27 06:56:01 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-11-26 16:58
Ted, Saudi Arabia and Israel are but proxies of the USA.

Disagree. They are very different and, rather than being proxies, they both pursue objectives much opposed to US objectives. This has always been so. Once the USSR broke-up, their value as "allies" was minimized greatly. They were never "proxies" - always a problem. The closest thing to an American "proxie" would be the UK, France, Germany (and little Canada and Australia). Yet, even with them, there are robust differences
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-27 07:09:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2015-11-27 15:24
Ted180 Post time: 2015-11-27 08:56
Disagree. They are very different and, rather than being proxies, they both pursue objectives much ...

we will disagree then. I don't think even the UK/Canada/Auz/NZ leave alone Saudi Arabia or Israel ever act without confirming first and tacit or explicit approval of the USA, and I am not talking about Obama or the POTUS. I am talking about the real powers that run the show. Even their 'differences' are carefully orchestrated to divert attention and put on a show.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-27 21:26:25 |Display all floors
ironic ..  US always classified as justified liberal ..  now there were none of it in this case

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.