Views: 2338|Replies: 5

Gap Between Chinese and Western Technology Accelerating with China Left Behind [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-10-24 04:28:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Hector- at 2015-10-24 04:46

The gap is getting bigger as China falls more and more behind.  

West already has processor chips that will take China thirty years to replicate, such as Intel, IBM, and AMD, yet West is already releasing newer generation processors.

West already has Nimitz class aircraft carrier which will take China fifty years to replicate, but West is already releasing newer generation Ford class carrier.

West already has Arleigh Burke-class destroyer which will take China ten years to perfect, but West has already released newer generation Zumwalt-class detroyer.

West already has B-2 Spirit bomber which will take China 75 years to replicate, but West will release a newer generation bomber in 2025.

West has satellites orbiting as far as Pluto, but China barely landed on moon.  It will be fifty years before China lands on even moon of Saturn or Jupiter, by which time West will already have landed satellites on the planets of the next closest star.

China barely making 1950s quality submarines compared to West.

West releases latest versions of Windows and Macintosh desktop operating systems, as well as Android for mobile, but China does not even have a simple 1980s DOS type desktop operating system.

West already has powerful jet engines that will take China 30 years to replicate, yet West has just released  a jet engine so powerful that it only takes one to power the F-35 jet-plane.

I can go on and on for ever.

And the Caucasians have been sleeping for the last fifty years.  Imagine what they can do if they wake up!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-24 12:38:28 |Display all floors
>I can go on and on for ever.<

Of course you can and you may do so. China's forum is very soft towards your kin.
But every second or so step, open your eyes just for a split moment to watch out for them sinkholes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-24 13:59:24 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2015-10-24 12:38

Of course you can and you may do so. China's forum is very soft towa ...

OP makes a valid point: China is very very behind.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-26 18:04:56 |Display all floors

Democracy can help China become more innovative.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-8 11:27:11 |Display all floors

I feel like China's days are limited.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-20 19:34:27 |Display all floors
The constant use of the verb duplicate is irritating enough, but, at least, it focuses ons the need for China to innovate more which is a long-term problem for China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.