Author: lovedahuang

Ultra-royal welcome awaits Xi in London   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-10-22 07:48:50 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-10-22 09:42
More cinicism from the Indian Aussie.

Last night I talked to two Chinese students that were busse ...
she seems to be doing a fine job

given that it is her job, she is just doing it... I am sure the Chinese could have been impressed more by a show put on by someone else who does a 'real' job contributing to society. They are of communist persuasion and are more impressed by honest, real workers than antics of people pretending to be superior or royal. However, the Chinese visiting the UK are really tolerant, polite and gracious people who let others be themselves, so long as it is not at their expense. Maybe, even a little bit at their expense, since this whole show is apparently to squeeze some money out of the Chinese.
One cannot really believe the British are putting on this show out of a sudden change in heart in their feelings towards the Chinese as equal 'brothers'.
Even their USAnian 'blood brothers' do not mostly care for Royal shows. They are not even as polite as the Chinese. You should see the way the comedians in the USA tear apart the UK royal family... It is hilarious and probably devastating to the British psyche.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-22 07:54:26 |Display all floors
If the prospect of more money from China is there, would the royal show be even more grand? Would they add more acts?
This is a sad state of affairs. I have lost some of the respect that I did have for the UK political system. Sincere, honest, fair and respectful treatment of people and leaders from other places is more worthy of applause than fake, fancy, glittering displays of loot or ill-gotten wealth. I am sure the Chinese would invest even more if they were treated in that honest fashion than such antics. Sure, they will make deals now that are mutually beneficial, but it would be a different scale and dynamic from real friendship.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-22 08:03:13 |Display all floors
If they wanted to spend a lot of money and impress the visitors, donating the money to a worthy charitable cause (even if it is charity at home) would/should impress any visiting dignitary. Does the UK not have any worthwhile recipients?
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-10-22 08:06:55 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-10-22 07:48
given that it is her job, she is just doing it... I am sure the Chinese could have been impresse ...

It is her job? Did you not say before that the Queen did nothing?

As to the Americans not liking her, more guff, just visit Buck House for the Changing of the Guard and listen to the accents and the comments from all around, they are mainly from the USA and Japan.

What you are missing is that the Queen never expresses any political views and treats all visiting heads of state with respect.

As your humour consists of adding smileys in the wrong places maybe you are not the best arbitor of any humour

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-10-22 08:09:26 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-10-22 07:54
If the prospect of more money from China is there, would the royal show be even more grand? Would th ...

you say "I have lost some of the respect that I did have for the UK political system", what respect? The only political system you have expressed respect for before is that of NK, maybe you are being a tad hypocritical?

Oh and congratulations, you managed a whol paragraph without the need for a smiley

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-22 08:10:58 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-10-22 08:03
If they wanted to spend a lot of money and impress the visitors, donating the money to a worthy char ...

Hmmmm, your pet country NK has just had lots of parades, pomp and all that to celebrate its birthday, would that money not have been better used to help charitable cases in NK?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-22 08:42:05 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2015-10-22 10:45
futsanglung Post time: 2015-10-22 10:10
Hmmmm, your pet country NK has just had lots of parades, pomp and all that to celebrate its birthd ...

So the UK is no better than NK? They have no parasitic royalty and honour real contributors.
At least they are not hypocritical and lecture others. They are actually better overall in this issue !
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.